This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's a poet, and I didn't know it...

So in the mail today, I got a large white envelope 'To the parent/guardian of (my sons name)' Ho hum, I thought, a reminder about eye checks / immunisation / whatever.

Not at all. Apparently (and he hadn't said a word to me) his school had taken part in a competition - Young Writers' "Power of Poetry". An anthology is being published of the best entries.

And my sons poem is one of the ones selected. How proud am I?
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Congrats! Even better... conga rats! *does the conga rat dance*.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Superb We have a talented bunch of little CS-lets and -lettes indeed,and the little scribbler worked hard for it.I think it would be nice to see his winning composition.
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I second that! I'd like to read his poem. You probably have to wait until it's published though?
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Are his feet long fellows?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
          X