Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, which one of you is the customer again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, which one of you is the customer again?

Here's one I just had in my job. A SC who is demanding compensation because of an outage in the area. This is something we get a lot of but the response is usually the same. Is it fixed yet? No. In that case, let's wait for it to be fixed before we give anything. Primarily though we want to investigate the issue.

This one got even more bizarre though. The person I was speaking to had already answered the security questions and on this account, it was set up so we can only speak to the account holder. This person has already identified themselves as the account holder, and the name has been changed.

Bob: I want compensation because my friend has had it.

Me: Okay well let's have a look at what could be causing the problem.

Bob: No I just want compensation. My friend called up yesterday and he got half off his bill.

Now this immediately fires off alarm bells, especially if they've had just a five day outage.

Me: I can't give credit until I investigate the issue. What's your postcode please?

Suddenly another person comes on the phone.

Bob2: Hello? Hello? Yes, this is Bob. Look, I'm calling up because I'm looking for compensation.

Me: Sorry, who is this?

Bob: I'm Bob. I'm the account holder.

Me: Who was the person I was just speaking to then?

Bob: Oh that was my son. I'm looking for compensation because my son's friend got compensation for his account.

Me: Sorry I no longer know who it is I'm speaking to.

Bob: This is ridiculous, what do you want? My name? My address? My date of birth? My last bill? blah blah blah (this went on for about 2 minutes without letting me get a word in edgeways).

Me: We've gone beyond that now, sorry. As I know longer know who the account holder is, and because I've either given out private account information to you or your son, then I'm ending the call.

This is a pet peeve of mine. Look, decide which one of you is the account holder and call us back.

At that point, just as a CMOA effort, I'd see if a manager will allow you guys to make the actual account holder come in in person to show you his ID for any future "negotiations" >_> The operative term for the notes would be "FRAUD ALERT"...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      At that point, just as a CMOA effort, I'd see if a manager will allow you guys to make the actual account holder come in in person to show you his ID for any future "negotiations" >_> The operative term for the notes would be "FRAUD ALERT"...
      We had to do this for situations like this at my old job, and it was quite common.

Best part would be those that call, we'd see the note, tell them to go to the nearest office with ID, comment to file accordingly, then 2 minutes later they'll call back trying again, or getting them on their 2nd, 3rd, 10th attempt.
      the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

I used to see that at the phone company. Each time a rep touched a customer's account, that rep's ID would show in the notes. Always loved the ones who fifteen reps later still weren't getting their way.
        Last edited by greensinestro; 01-05-2014, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X