X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty bitch at the "Big Bird" tonight

One...from about an hour ago.

On the way home from work, I thought I'd hit up the local "Big Bird" (Pittsburgh-area members know where I mean ) for some supplies. I didn't need much, just some milk, lunch meat, and some other things.

As I'm walking to the deli, I notice that it's oddly empty. Usually, the place is packed, and you have to take a number. Since there's no line, you don't have to worry about taking a number. About 6 feet from the number dispensing thingie, I see an older woman fiddling with a phone in one hand, and a crapload of coupons in the other. I had no idea what she was doing, so I "pull up" to the counter, and before I can even tell the girl what I want, this bitch (and I'm being nice) starts screaming about how "she was next."

When I walked up to the damn counter, there wasn't anyone around. Yes, you have #59 (which is what was on the little screen). But, you should have waddled up sooner instead of fucking about with your phone.

As she's ranting, the girl at the counter told her "too bad, he was here first," got my food, and she had to wait. That didn't sit well with her. As soon as the other employee came over to help her, she unloaded on him. Apparently, I'm a "bastard asshole" because I "ran over to the counter and jumped in line."

I'm surprised she didn't start on about how I needed to respect my elders. Sorry bitch, if you want my respect, you have to earn it. I'm not going to give it to you simply because you've cheated death until now. Don't like that? Bugger off then.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

So, Yinz were at da' Iggle?
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Yep. Picked up some chipchopped 'am and progies. Sammitch materials, and tomorrow's dinner in other words

Comment

At Jaunt Iggle, huh?

Nasty bitch was nasty. Nuff said.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Sounds like "Big Bird" was visited by Oscar the Grouch!

Comment

Ok, as the step-son of a Johnstown guy, I got yinz and Giant Eagle, etc., but "proggies" is throwing me. "Pierogis" perhaps?

And Bug, how DARE you do the normal, sane thing of ordering and obtaining goods! You should have approached Crotchety, waited respectfully until she was off the phone, then politely inquired as to her line status. Well, you'll know better next time I guess.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              As I'm walking to the deli, I notice that it's oddly empty. Usually, the place is packed, and you have to take a number. Since there's no line, you don't have to worry about taking a number. About 6 feet from the number dispensing thingie, I see an older woman fiddling with a phone in one hand, and a crapload of coupons in the other. I had no idea what she was doing, so I "pull up" to the counter, and before I can even tell the girl what I want, this bitch (and I'm being nice) starts screaming about how "she was next."
              I wish our local supermarket deli had these first world problems. We don't even have a number ticket dispenser. So when it gets crowded, there's no lines, just people cluttered in front of the counter hoping for the best and that people can get served in a somewhat correct order.

When I walked up to the damn counter, there wasn't anyone around. Yes, you have #59 (which is what was on the little screen). But, you should have waddled up sooner instead of fucking about with your phone.
              Whenever no one is around at our deli, there's a 50/50 chance you'll get served immediately or have to wait for a worker. When you have to wait and they are around and see you then a line builds, usually they will serve who's first second, etc. with no problems. Let you be the only one standing around waiting. As soon as a worker comes out other customers start forming out of the woodwork from your blindsides. A ticket system is badly needed at our deli. Being a regular standing there w/o a line and they see you helps tremendously when a surprise line starts forming.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                "Pierogis" perhaps?
                Yep, a bag of Mrs. T's finest...four dozen tasty goodness items

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  On the way home from work, I thought I'd hit up the local "Big Bird" (Pittsburgh-area members know where I mean ) for some supplies.
                  We don't have "Big Bird" in my area. We just have "Big."
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                    Sesame Street in your area must suuuuuuck then

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      We got "Big", "Unwise", "Deadners", and I think theres still a "Chow Kitten" somewhere....

Though one time, I was at a "Deadners" deli, and same setup, it was a ghost town. Walk up to the counter, and chippy teen deli jedi tells me I still have to do the number thing, customer service policy. So I take a number. Let's say it was 84. LED sign said 89. So I took a step back to wait.

Deli Jedi stares expectantly at me.

I stare blankly back.

Staring contest ensues.

I slowly raise my ticket to show my number.

"Oh! I forgot to advance it, sorry! What would you like?"

I walked away with a package of delicious Leb-nin blown knee, muttering the Twilight Zone theme.

Comment

Quoth Signmaker View Post
                        We got "Big", "Unwise", "Deadners", and I think theres still a "Chow Kitten" somewhere....
                        Let's see, we've got "Huge", "Wafesay", "Teets Harrier", and "Megwans" as our main go-to places. Mom goes to "Merchant Joseph's" fairly often as well to get yogurt and veggies. (Well, mostly we go to Megwans or Teets, and go to Huge for their pharmacies. I make regular use of Wafesay to get snacks or meals sometimes for work.)
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                        X