This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get a grip, Grumpy Man

Was in a local Mickey D's the other day to get lunch. The line wasn't long, but the place was very busy; lots of drive through traffic. I get in line behind this guy who's very grumpy as he's giving his order.

The cashier gives him his total, and Grumpy Man realizes he doesn't have enough money. He gets even more irritable, and snaps at his kid to get more cash from his wife.

He moves over, I give my order and get my receipt. Grumpy Man's number comes up (figuratively speaking) and he gets his tray. The manager apologizes; they're waiting on fries. She promises to bring them to him. He starts to move away and sees he's missing the cup to his kid's happy meal. Instead of a nice, "Excuse me, I need a happy meal cup," he starts bitching the manager out. She gives him the cup, apologizes again. He moves away.

Less than one minute later, he's back at the counter, bitching about how no one brought him his fries.

Now granted, a new batch was up; I'd just gotten my meal. But he starts in with this, "I've worked in the industry, I know how this works" shit and rips her a new one.

Well, pal, I've worked in fast food too. You're the dick customer no one can satisfy who likes to take their bad day out on the poor schlubs who can't fight back. You're a fucking BULLY, and the best service in the world isn't enough to satisfy you.

They didn't screw anything up. Minor delays are not a crisis. Get a grip.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

And he'll be back again soon.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
      And he'll be back again soon.
      That would be guaranteed. Probably the next day if not the day after.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Reminds me of a place called Brown's Chicken in Pompano Beach from when I was a kid. Grumpy Man there was at the counter four times while we waited for our food.

"Where's the salt, young lady?"

"Where's the napkins?"

"Where's the ketchup?"

"Where's the sugar, young lady?"

I wanted to say back, "where's your manners, Old Fart?" Had to stay mum since I was only ten years old then.

Comment

Working...
        X