X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much backpeddling involved

[background]
    my red roof pizza place just introduced a new product nationwide. They are running commercials all over the place with SPECIAL low introductory pricing. Also contained In those commercials they make a very firm guarantee. IF you are not satisfied with <new product> just call us and let us know AND your next <new product> is free.

This has the potential to be a nightmare......... we shall see
    [end background]

Last Wed. (1/22) I delivered an order to a semi regular customer. No problems during the deliver nor at anytime that evening

They call back tonight (1/27 5 DAYS later). They "claim" that the order they received back on 1/22 made them sick AND they just saw a commercial on TV about if you are not satisfied with your order you can get your next order for free.

The MOD inquires as to WHY they waited so long to complain. QUEUE some stammering. The MOD then goes on to say that YES they can give the customer a credit for their next order AND they will need to fill out a form for the company's insurance company so IF there is a quality control issue there is a paper trail. AND the insurance company will contact them about this issue.

The MOD then asked for their phone number to attempt to look up the order. They find the order and find that the order did NOT contain <new product>. The MOD explains the guarantee stated in the commercial ONLY works with <new product> BUT since they claim they got sick they could get a credit.

QUEUE more stammering and some backpeddling.

BUT BUT we did not get that sick but the commercial said that if you were not satisfied your next order was free.

MOD again explains the "guarantee" ONLY involves <new product> and IF you did indeed get sick from eating <other product> it needs paperwork and involvement from corp. insurance company and maybe some medical services.

QUEUE more and more back peddling with customer not really wanting any compensation now.

SCAMMER 0 <pizza place> 1 (so far anyway)
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

That manager sounds like a keeper.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Backpeddling? If they're buying pizzas off the back of a truck, these SCs got what they had coming to them <runs for cover>

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        IF you are not satisfied with <new product> just call us and let us know AND your next <new product> is free.
        "I don't like this. Give me more of it."

This has the potential to be a nightmare......... we shall see
        You said it.

(snip)

QUEUE more and more back peddling with customer not really wanting any compensation now.

SCAMMER 0 <pizza place> 1 (so far anyway)
        Bahaha! Love it. "Oh, gee, I didn't realize you were going to take this complaint seriously, like actually trying to find out what was wrong with <new product> so you could fix it. I just thought you were giving out free stuff."

Guy was back-pedaling so fast he ought to have been on an exercycle.

Comment

You mean I have to do something to get free stuff? FORGET IT!
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post

This was my first thought too.

Also, your manager is a dear. Would you like to swap?

Comment

Quoth CrappyToHelp View Post
              This was my first thought too.

Also, your manager is a dear. Would you like to swap?

NO NO NO !!!!! MY PEWWWWIOUSSSSSS

actually she was just following company SOP especially since it involved a customer "claim" that they got sick from consuming our product. These days you do have to take that aspect of the food service industry VERY seriously.

Most of the time my pizza company (along with most of the food places these days) will just roll over at the first sign of a complaint and give the customer (even non-customers) lots of free shit.

But YEAH waiting for 5 days to make a complaint????
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                Most of the time my pizza company (along with most of the food places these days) will just roll over at the first sign of a complaint and give the customer (even non-customers) lots of free shit.
                Too bad the process doesn't involve sending a delivery driver to "drop trou" on customer's front porch.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                  "Oh, gee, I didn't realize you were going to take this complaint seriously, like actually trying to find out what was wrong with <new product> so you could fix it. I just thought you were giving out free stuff."
                  Oh of course, doesn't every company exist to give away the stuff they paid for and eventually go out of business?!

Sorry Mr. Scammer, I can't give you any free pizza, but here's some free seafood:
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                    This is what I think every time I see a commercial like that. Makes me wonder who thought up that "guarantee." If I don't like a given product, I'll ask for a refund or a different product entirely, not more of the same thing.
                    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                    - IPF

Comment

Because OBVIOUSLY it could only have been prepared wrong. No one could ever REALLY dislike <newproduct>. It was made by various bits and pieces of frequently demanded items that customers made! EVERYONE MUST LOVE IT!

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                        This ... Makes me wonder who thought up that "guarantee." ...
                        The same kinda mutha that insists that *this time* you'll like the parsnips mashed with zucchini...
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          The same kinda mutha that insists that *this time* you'll like the parsnips mashed with zucchini...
                          Not me. If I try something once and I don't like it, I won't try it again, and I don't care if it IS free.

I'd much rather pay for what I do want and like rather than take something that I don't just b/c it's free.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                          X