This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Shalom View Post
    Problem is, caffeine is a diuretic . . . which means that you might be peeing out more than you take in, for a net loss of water.
    Nope.

Back in the day Rob and I used to go through around a pound of coffee a day on weekends, which is more or less what is normally considered the LD-50 of caffeine in coffee. Your body can become adjusted to caffeine levels that can be toxic to someone else, much like arsenic.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

People like that last guy piss me off. They demand you take their word for it when it's SO bleeding obvious they they've got more. It's theft at the end of the day.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Nope.

Back in the day Rob and I used to go through around a pound of coffee a day on weekends, which is more or less what is normally considered the LD-50 of caffeine in coffee. Your body can become adjusted to caffeine levels that can be toxic to someone else, much like arsenic.
        Yep . . . I can believe that. I'm averaging around a half a pot of coffee per day myself.

It used to be that 2 cups/day were plenty but now I can do 3-4 and not bat an eyelash.

Why yes I can still have a cup at night (if I decide to fix breakfast for dinner) and still go to bed. Why do you ask?
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          Your body can become adjusted to caffeine levels that can be toxic to someone else, much like arsenic.
          I've heard that one can also build up an immunity to iocane powder.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Inconceivable!!!

Comment

Hey, what people buy and drink for themselves is their own business. The same reason why customers(as mentioned on another thread)should shut up and not tell employees that they need to have kids, etc.

I drink 5 Amp Energy drinks and 4 Red Bulls per week. Like clockwork. I even have a budget set aside for it!

Comment

Eh, when I was in my early 20s and thought I was *so fat* at like 125 lbs, I heard of all these people dropping pounds upon pounds in a matter of weeks by quitting soda.

I tried it. Worst time of my life, and I lost nothing. Hardly a thing at all.

I drink a 20 oz of soda in a 12 hour shift, perhaps another can added to that, but usually it's juice or iced coffee that I brought in to work with me. But during my weekends off of work, if I'm driving around a lot or going out to eat or shopping, I always have a beverage with me. Generally, a nice cold Coke.

I also tend to spend about half of my shift at the bubbler.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  Eh, when I was in my early 20s and thought I was *so fat* at like 125 lbs, I heard of all these people dropping pounds upon pounds in a matter of weeks by quitting soda.

I tried it. Worst time of my life, and I lost nothing. Hardly a thing at all.
                  I think the point is probably cutting the sugar out.
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                  OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                  she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                  Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                  X