This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty threats and Idle thoughts

Our guys and a couple other trades are working at a job today, and nobody has seen the contractor or any of his guys since Friday (not that unusual). A guy walks in and announces to the site at general 'I'm delivering floor tiles to the boathouse.' People look around at each other, shrug, and carry on with their lives. Delivery guy stands there expectantly for about 10 minutes before finally walking away. Weird.

45 minutes later he comes back with the shipping slip, 'Can somebody sign for this.' People look around at each other, shake head and carry on with their lives. So he approaches one of my co workers, tries to hand of the pages 'You need to sign for this.' My co-worker explains it to him 'No, nobody here works here, we are just subs, we can't sign anything.' He approaches a few more people, and received the same type of response. He was also told that there were no employees of the contractor in, that nobody could sign it.

Then he starts with the threats:
    If you won't sign I'm going to have to take them back, I won't leave them here
    I'm not leaving until someone signs this
    I'm really going to load them back in the truck
    You might have to pay for them twice if you don't sign (No, I don't know why either)
    If there are broken or wrong coloured or something you can't return them unless you sign
    I'm just going to stand here until someone signs
    If you won't sign I'm going to have to call dispatch and ask them what to do

I don't know how hard it is to understand, but NOBODY, not one single person on the whole entire property cares two figs about floor tiles for the boathouse. We don't have anything to do with floor tiles. We don't work for the contractor, we are subs, we have no authority to sign anything, and we also don't care if you stay or go, leave them or take them back. This has nothing to do with any of us. Apparently our complete lack of interest in him and his threats finally clued him and he left. After standing there barking threats at us for over and hour. Time well spent.

Also overheard two guys from a different trade talking at lunch, and it was too bizarre not to share (possibly horribly racist and sexist, although I'm not exactly sure how)

Guy 1: Have you ever had sex with a black girl?
    Guy 2: No, but I slept with a half black guy once.
    Guy 1: What, I didn't know you were gay.
    Guy 2: I'm not
    Guy 1: You just said you slept with a dude. There is nothing gayer than that.
    Guy 2: Yeah, but I'm not gay, I mean he was half black, that doesn't really count.

Um...........I got nothing
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Every possible racist explanation for Guy actually ends up sounding worse than being homosexual. (There are no non-racist ways to interperate his statement)
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
      Every possible racist explanation for Guy actually ends up sounding worse than being homosexual. (There are no non-racist ways to interperate his statement)
      Along with non-sexual.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

My first thought for the conversation was to translate the 'half' as 'bisected'...

"...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
          (There are no non-racist ways to interperate his statement)
          Probably true, I just don't get how. To mis-quote Lisa Simpson : I know those words, but that sentence makes no sense.
          Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
            Well, I can think of a half-racist thought.

"Black guys are hot, I mean how can I control myself with how hot they are"

Only, half-way plausible, explanation (and even then, it is still somewhat racist).
            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
            X