This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the hell did this happen?

Last week we got a visit from the state pricing auditors. As a company we hadn't been doing too well on these audits. There was a rather alarming memo from the DM saying that if we as a company didn't improve our results on these audits, the state would "redouble their efforts" against us. Or something. I dunno. Anyway the point was we are doing a shitty job making sure things actually scan at the price the label, tag or sign says they should.

And when you have pricing people like this one guy at my store, it's easy to see why. He uses only one kind of tag to mark stuff, even when the printer calls for the other. Rather than print off this other tag, if the item already has it, he'll turn the item around, print a different tag and stick that on the item. So now there are two tags on the item showing two different prices. Yet somehow he's still allowed to do pricing.

Well anyhow, we had our big audit, and we passed. 100%. I don't know how we did it, but we did. We're celebrating with a chicken dinner in the breakroom Friday, which I will almost certainly miss since the food arrives my lunch break ends.

So, co-workers, thanks for rising to the occasion.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily
Working...
X