This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds to sleep to.

Ever had trouble getting to sleep? Youtube has a lot of great videos for soothing sounds to put a person to sleep. Me .. I like the sound of rain and wind so I find Brad McBrides videos the easiest to put me back to sleep.

http://www.youtube.com/user/faceonmars100?feature=watch
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Quoth Mytical View Post
    I like the sound of rain and wind
    A cat purring works for me. Cassandra is happy to supply that.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Probably one of the strangest I've seen was a multi-hour loop of the background hum from the Enterprise-D's engine room.
      Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
      They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

I just listen to music. In a quiet room, I can hear the music at one notch above zero on my CD player.

Sometimes it's electronica, sometimes it's metal, sometimes it's 70's prog...

One band that I like is called Sunn 0))). They call it "drone metal", I find it very soothing for some reason.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

There is a website that does a 30-minute loop of rain sounds called "Rainymood".
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I've got a white noise app on my phone. TTO loves the Thunderstorm, whereas I love the frogs.
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Pachelbel's "Canon in D".
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Ceir View Post
                Probably one of the strangest I've seen was a multi-hour loop of the background hum from the Enterprise-D's engine room.
                Rob spent his career in the Navy in the submarine service - he usually packed his rack full or repair parts and took a hammock and slung it in the back walkway in Machinery 1. He has a thing for the sounds of an engine room. Makes me glad that I have a thing for the slight smell of machine oil from working as a mechanic, it is almost impossible to get out of the skin and hair after a long 6 month cruise.
                Quoth mjr View Post
                That has always gotten my vote as worlds most boring piece of music...

I have an alarm clock that is also a dock for my ipod, so i just hit shuffle and let it roam all night. Though in a motel I like leaving the TV on to some movie channel.
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  That has always gotten my vote as worlds most boring piece of music...
                  Try this version
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

For me it's the radio at an almost inaudible level. I just like being able to hear 'something.'
                    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      Try this version
                      I'll raise you this version...because Pachelbel is following you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM
                      Last edited by mjr; 02-05-2014, 11:38 AM.
                      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
                      X