This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More projects completed!

First off, a lovely Leather Rose. It's right at 4 inches across.

Then, on a considerably creepier note, there's the Shoggoth. That one was... interesting to make. How do you fit an amorphous, lumpy lid onto an amorphous, lumpy bottom?

And what I always wanted peanut butter cookies to be- Tahini cookies with sunflower seeds. Light, nutty, a little bit crunchy.
    Last edited by Kittish; 07-02-2014, 09:19 AM. Reason: Fix picture links
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Another project in the works! What will it be?

I also just finished 4 custom knife sheaths for someone locally, for some interesting knives. First, an antler (I think) handled belt knife. Next, a Vietnam-era combat knife. I don't know if it's military issue, though it could be. After that, a bayonet. I think it's been shortened by the current owner. And lastly a small utility knife.
      Last edited by Kittish; 07-01-2014, 09:48 AM.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Bottom of the box-

Comment

Lots of progress on the Cthulu keepsake box.

Side detail

Side view with top plate

Front view with top plate

All stitched up. Ruler shows box height

All stitched up. Ruler shows box width

Front view with initial top plate shaping

Top view with initial top plate shaping

Comment

So here's where my current project is at. The commissioner of the piece is quite happy with it so far.

Comment

And now there is color!

And the front view.

The interior.

Can you guess the box's secret?

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                Can you guess the box's secret?
                Ummmmmmmmm...

The eyes light up?

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  Ummmmmmmmm...

The eyes light up?
                  Nope, but that could be a fun idea for a project some other time. Anyone else want to venture a guess?

So now it's all done but the sealer. It looks awesome.

Comment

The front tentacles lift up to show a hidden mouth/box.
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Essentially correct. The entire face lifts off, revealing a compartment on the top of the lid. It's held in place with a combination of magnets and velcro. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29.../WP_000918.jpg

Comment

And a quickie mini project: custom cuffs. They took me about two hours to make, not including drying time for the edge color.

Comment

Working...
                        X