Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The adventures of Digitalpotato and the rabbit family episode 1.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then there are the insults to parents of large families, such as: "You do know what causes babies, don't you?" said in a condescending manner.

My recommended answer: "Well, we think we've figured it out, but we're going to keep checking until we're sure!"
    I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
    - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Quoth Digitalpotato View Post
      The manager should have told 'em to leave.
      and banned them for good measure
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        I will NEVER understand people who have more than two children (and I say this as one of four siblings myself).
        Some people can't get over the (at one time, purely factual) mind-set that if you have lots of children, some of them might survive to adulthood; there is still a generation who remember what it was like to expect to lose siblings before adulthood to disease or poverty.

There are also people (as others have noted below) who are capable of responsibly raising large families of balanced, well rounded children.

Of course, it could be that they're just too lazy or selfish to use birth control.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Moving the 'rabbit families' discussion to Fratching. The thread opens with my reply.
          Last edited by Seshat; 02-05-2014, 09:27 AM.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I've seen similar with a family of four, two adults and two kids. The kids were at that age where they didn't quite understand good behavior in public. Not that it mattered, because neither parent was paying attention to their kids. Crayons, food, shoes.. it all got flung with equal glee and LOUDLY. My, at the time, 4 year old looked up in disgust and said loudly (he didn't get tact at that point) "Mom, if I ever behave like that, please feel free to take my XBox away. It's embarrassing."

Do you know how hard it is to get onto your child when he's only saying (loudly) what you're thinking? I think I managed with a "You're right, but let's use our 'restaurant voice,' next time," which I said almost as loudly. Yeah, I know.. way to set the example, Mom. Earned me a glare from the parents of the year, that did.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
            X