This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
    Honestly, the extremely rich might be even more appreciative of the rules, since more people are out to steal their money.
    And she was truly appreciative; she returned later with id and purchased what she needed.
    The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post

SIGG: I *HAVE* to use my English name during the day, my Italian name is on my legal documents.
      What kind of stupid explanation is that? And what name does he use at night? Maybe he should just legally change his name.

Comment

Someone freaking out about showing their ID is a HUGE red flag to me. I check ID for all credit card transaction $50 and over, and a number of times people have completely lost their over it. "OMGWTFBBQ I DON'T NEED TO SHOW YOU ID!!!" My response? "You can either show me, or I can call the police and you can show them. Your choice."
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Denying a transaction based on a cardholder not presenting ID is verboten per merchant agreement. Nothing stopping you from making a Code 10 call on it though, especially if they react like that.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I periodically get people who show up at the DMV to process titles, and they have no ID. Hello, we issue them! We made you jump through hoops to get it. Did you really think that putting a car in your name was no big deal? And twice, the person with no ID was a police officer. Sweetheart, dressed all in blue does not make you exempt.

Years ago, I also waited on a VERY high ranking politician in the area. No problem. I even told him that although I recognized him, I was required to ask for ID, and he laughed, and said, "Of course." I almost wish I could have videotaped it to run in a loop for our customers: THIS is how you behave. Stop arguing the stupid stuff and maybe the wait times wouldn't be so bad.
            To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
            To pursue it with forks and hope;
            To threaten its life with a railway share;
            To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post
              I periodically get people who show up at the DMV to process titles, and they have no ID.
              Did they walk to the DMV? I'm always amazed when people say they don't have ID when they're somewhere that they had to have driven to.

Comment

I ask them if they have driven, and they look at me as if I'm crazy, "Well, of course!" And if I dare to ask HOW?, then that confirms that I am some kind of crazy cow.

The one police officer even tried to claim that since he was on the job, in uniform, and driving a police car, he didn't need to have it on him. I started to reach over to our copy of the state Motor Vehicle Code (the bible of all laws for anything car related), "So, you are telling me that in here it says that you are exempt from having to have your license on you while driving?" He recognized what I was reaching for, and he left. Now, dude, I get it that hardly anyone is going to question you on it, but you have just met the one person who can and will. Don't lie to me and claim it is the law when I can show you the law. And I didn't tell him, but the last time a police officer got pissy with me, I called and spoke to his lieutenant who guaranteed that he would handle Mr. Pissy, and said Mr. Pissy would not care for it.
                To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
                To pursue it with forks and hope;
                To threaten its life with a railway share;
                To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Wasn't there at least a couple of Gomer Pyle USMC episodes regarding this very subject?

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                    Denying a transaction based on a cardholder not presenting ID is verboten per merchant agreement. Nothing stopping you from making a Code 10 call on it though, especially if they react like that.
                    That merchant agreement is with Big Green Cab Co, not Deserted The Cab Driver. They specifically tell us to check ID on plastic transactions. (I haven't had any issues with it, yet.)
                    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Unless I'm at home or at one of my jobs, I ALWAYS have my license; even then I can just go get it from where I have it stashed at. It just boggles my mind that people don't have some form of government-issued ID on them, even my co-workers who walk and bike to work have them!
                      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                        Denying a transaction based on a cardholder not presenting ID is verboten per merchant agreement.
                        Not when it's verifying the items being picked up are being picked up by the right people.

Comment

we don't deny the transaction as such, we just don't hand over the goods until we're satisfied the cardholder is actually the authorised owner

Comment

This was no one's fault but his. He was the one who messed everything up. He was the one who didn't read.

Comment

Working...
                            X