This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Deserted View Post
    and it beats the hell out of the passive-aggressive thing I've seen lots of people (including my own mother) do: foot off the gas until they go around you.
    I did that once, but in my defense, it was on the highway, and it's not really a good idea to pull off the road unless you absolutely have to. Guy was right on my ass, and there were two lanes to the left of us that were clear. And you're right -- it tends to piss the tailgater off. I wasn't looking at him when he finally decided to use one of the two other lanes and pass me, but I heard my son say, "Dad! He just flipped you off!"
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
      I did that once, but in my defense, it was on the highway, and it's not really a good idea to pull off the road unless you absolutely have to. Guy was right on my ass, and there were two lanes to the left of us that were clear. And you're right -- it tends to piss the tailgater off. I wasn't looking at him when he finally decided to use one of the two other lanes and pass me, but I heard my son say, "Dad! He just flipped you off!"
      I would've just moved over to the next lane over, as long as I could do so safely. I do that sort of thing all the time. The only time I don't is if I'm about to take the next exit, and changing lanes is not an option.

Driving for Big Green Cab Co has dramatically changed my driving habits. I used to be something of a jerk on the road... Now I'd like to think I'm not, and when I see others driving as I used to, it annoys me more than a little.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
        I would've just moved over to the next lane over, as long as I could do so safely.
        I suppose I could have, but it seemed kind of stupid to move to the left so someone could pass me on the right. I was in the rightmost lane. He wanted to go faster than me, so he should have gone around me. I'm not sure what pisses me off more -- when they can go around me but don't, or when there's a slow vehicle in front of me and I couldn't go faster even if I wanted to.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          I'm not sure what pisses me off more -- when they can go around me but don't, or when there's a slow vehicle in front of me and I couldn't go faster even if I wanted to.
          I hate hate hate hate when people tail me instead of just passing. Although the biggest peeve is getting stuck behind a slow driver in a no passing zone and having someone tail me, then when it becomes a passing zone, THEY go flying around first

Comment

Working...
          X