This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Car-ma. Almost

BG: My new commute to works involves me taking the Mass Pike both ways. While it's certainly faster than, say two smaller routes, it's just a crazy route to begin with.

I'm heading home from work and signal to get off at my exit and start slowing down so I'm not doing 55 mph in what I know is a mess of curves. Almost instantly I see nothing but a grille and headlights behind me, of a truck who justhadtogetthisclosebehindmebecauseIalmostmissedm yexitomg. I'm still trying to slow down but this guy's about ready to kiss my ass.

We round the curve where the lane splits into two and I stay to the left to use the EZ Pass lane. Truck pulls out from behind me and passes me on the right but a good distance ahead of me. K, whatever. Another car behind him, a black Nissan, does not. He pulls to the right to pass me and cute in front thisclose. I stomp on the brakes to avoid hitting him. I give a light honk, and he responds by flashing his emergency lights. He decides "Imma crawl now" and doesn't break 15 mph all the way down the ramp to the tolls and blocks any efforts to pass him (by me or people behind me who have figured out what he was doing) by swerving between the two lanes, flooring the brakes and again the emergency flashers.

I let people pass me and go bother him, keeping about four cars back as I go through the tolls. He continues his little game until he winds up behind somebody just as slow. He can't take it. He has to get out. He slams the gas, pulls out, and nearly creams somebody coming in from the right side of the tolls. Then he floors it to the ramp that feeds him where he wants to go with that person hot on his ass.

Just...guh. Thank God I was far enough back had they decided to kiss.

He can dish it out, but he can't take it, huh?

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
      He can dish it out, but he can't take it, huh?
      Isn't that usually how it works with assholes?
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

Welcome to my hell. That happens to me several times a week, because GOD FORBID I go less than 10 over the limit.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
          Welcome to my hell.
          Yeah, towns with a huge mix of driving styles (like Phoenix) are a challenge, but I can't believe anywhere is worse than Boston. My grandmother taking me to Logan via the Callahan gives me nightmares to this day. I've only driven there twice, but if I ever go back, I'll leave that to your brethren - and probably keep my eyes closed.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
            I'll leave that to your brethren - and probably keep my eyes closed.
            I've got a friend there. From what he's told me, the cabbies keep their eyes closed.
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
            X