Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a key-related "oops" last week, but in the opposite manner. I dropped my truck off at my mechanic for repairs, then went to get lunch. While I was eating, I got a call from my mechanic - he couldn't find the keys to my truck. No wonder - they were clipped to my belt loop. My normal reaction had taken hold - park the truck, take the keys.

Whenever I need to get out of my car but leave the keys in (e.g. warming up when transferring stuff from my truck at the end of the week, jump starting someone's car, etc.), I always either unlock the rear door or roll down the window, just in case I have a brain burp and lock the door on getting out. Note that I don't have power locks - on a car with power locks that treat the driver's door lock as the "master" (i.e. lock all doors when that one is locked), rolling down the window is the ONLY safe route, since the "backup plan" door would lock itself if you accidentally lock the driver's door. Of course, some genius at a car company is going to come up with a "helpful" system that sees you locking the driver's door, and not only locks the other doors, but rolls up the windows you left down.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Whenever I need to get out of my car but leave the keys in (e.g. warming up when transferring stuff from my truck at the end of the week, jump starting someone's car, etc.), I always either unlock the rear door or roll down the window, just in case I have a brain burp and lock the door on getting out.

I do the same thing with the windows. I'm a bit paranoid about locking myself out, yet I still do it on a fairly regular basis. Now, of course, I have kids to help me in the mission of doing stupid things. A little over a year ago my then 13 year old managed to lock my keys in my car at a truck stop in El Paso. Thank goodness for AAA.
      Last edited by MadMike; 02-24-2014, 02:34 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post. We've already read it.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
        1)Get stuck in snow, check

2)Lock keys in car, check

3)Lock keys in car WITH car running, check

I did this last winter, thankfully I was at home when it happened so I was able to wait in the house for assistance.

I fully blame the power locks and the fact that my thick mittens hit the lock button on the fob when I put the keys in the ignition.
        The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

Working...
        X