This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully the end of a "FUN" week

GODS the past week or two has been frustrating as hell.

In addition to all of the dust bunny for brains using the internet I got this last night:

Nice double run to a local hotel. Sweet ------- Until I look at the tickets

Guess what ?????

IF you guessed NO ROOM NUMBERS

Whatever. At least they were internet orders and had the full names of the persons. Easy to get room numbers at the desk

I arrive and actually get room numbers and proceed to the rooms.

The first room: I knock. a guy answers the door and I ask him if he ordered from red roof pizza place. No he did not. Ohhhhh this is not looking too good right now.

I apologize to him for bothering him and go to the second room. I knock and wait. no answer. I knock again. no answer

I go back to the desk and talk to the person there. She confirms that both orders have the correct names . I try and call the number on the second order. The phone rings through to voice mail and the greeting states the persons name (same as the name on the order) I leave my standard message and talk to the clerk again

As I am speaking with the desk clerk the guy from the first order comes into the lobby wanting to know what phone number was on his order. he confirms that it IS INDEED his number. The desk clerk then offers to try and contact the person for whom the second order was meant for .

The first guy NOW gets on his phone and is starting to RANT AND RAVE loudly to someone on the phone. This continues or a bit. The desk clerk comes back and says that the second person also did NOT order any food from red roof pizza place.

SO here I am with about $100 worth of food for 2 count em TWO prank orders.

I examine the tickets and find they were placed within 5 minutes of each other from a smart phone.

FUCKING idiot. GREAT waste my time/gas AND I loose money to boot because someone decided to get pissy and play a prank not once but twice.

My night went downhill VERY fast after that as other stupid things happened at the store over the next several hours.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Oh Hells bells...I'm so sorry.

Comment

When I delivered pizza, any order going to a hotel meant an automatic call-back before the cooks started making the order - especially if no room number was on the ticket.

Also, the fact that the orders were placed from a smart phone with the correct guest names indicated to me that whomever placed the orders knows at least one, and very likely both of the guests at the hotel. And that one of those individuals was probably the culprit (my money's on the second fellow).

Comment

Why do I have a feeling both these guests were most likely SC's and the orders were then placed by someone working at the hotel as retaliation.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
          When I delivered pizza, any order going to a hotel meant an automatic call-back before the cooks started making the order - especially if no room number was on the ticket.

Also, the fact that the orders were placed from a smart phone with the correct guest names indicated to me that whomever placed the orders knows at least one, and very likely both of the guests at the hotel. And that one of those individuals was probably the culprit (my money's on the second fellow).

Update:

WELL more stupidity and mayhem has ensued.

On Sunday night another prank order was placed to the first guy in my OP.. This time the driver recognized it was a prank and the order did NOT leave the store.

Tonight we had TWO prank orders to the first guy in my OP. The first one got made BUT did not leave the store. The second one I caught before it got made because I saw a NEW order to the hotel, printed the ticket and immediately recognized the name on the order along with the hotel address.

later on in the night I had a legitimate order to the same hotel. I got a chance to talk to the desk clerks about the situation. I gave them the details on what had happened so far. I also told them we knew they could not really do anything about the situation because most likely the person doing the prank orders was outside of the hotel.

The clerks told me the guy had put a stop to all incoming calls to his room because someone was harassing him.

MY Store Manager has contact the corp. IT dept. to block the phone's EISN. This may deter them only temporarily as I am sure they will find other internet means to continue this stupid crap.

The hotel understands that even though they can not do much about this situation, they may be effected in other ways. They do promote <my pizza place> to customers BUT if the current situation continues we may not have a choice but to temporarily stop delivering to their property.

Quoth drjonah View Post
          Why do I have a feeling both these guests were most likely SC's and the orders were then placed by someone working at the hotel as retaliation.
          No I do not believe this is the case. Both persons may be "long term" residences of the hotel but we have not had a problem with them before. PLUS I did explain to the desk clerks (and they did understand where I was coming from) that prank orders cost BOTH the store AND the delivery driver money and that is something WE all do not like.
          Last edited by Racket_Man; 02-11-2014, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I'd offer to turn the information over to the authorities, due to the fact that it's technically evidence in a harassment case(not doing so may be a criminal act itself-withholding information of criminal activity-IANAL). The phone ID can be very useful to the police.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

One more update

On Monday night I had a legit order to the same hotel. I stopped by the front desk to speak with the desk person about the situation.

He told me that after my pizza place was able to block orders, other prank orders from different places started showing up ie. Daddy Jim's, Spotted Playing Block, some of the local Chinese places. At that point the guy apparently talked to the local law enforcement about the situation and gave them a mobile phone number of the person who was alledgedly doing this.

HOPEFULLY this takes care of the situation permanently.

Comment

Wow, I've never heard of a prank order going this far; wonder if he's staying in the hotel because of a crazy family member/significant other?
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I was wondering how two prank orders could be placed knowing the customer's name. But that makes sense...someone doing it maliciosly .

Comment

Working...
                  X