This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I can't "just do this"

because I am already over shift, you walked up 2 minutes after my light was off, and I deserve to leave when scheduled. I didn't have plans outside of laundry, but still, she didn't know that. What if I had an appointment or another job or a medical issue that needed attention at a certain time? Not my fault she waited 'til the last minute to buy whatever. I already took 3 more people than I needed to.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I've had people lurk until I shut my light off...sorry buddy, I'm leaving (either for the day or on break).

What happens next depends on who witnesses it. The majority of MODs will let me just sign off and leave if a customer came up while my light was off (closed signs are becoming harder to find, and not every register actually has one). The open registers have lights ON. Learn this please.

If ASM (who nobody respects anymore due to making cashiers look bad and ignoring availability requirements) is in the area, he all but stands over me until I turn my light on and log back in.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post

If ASM (who nobody respects anymore due to making cashiers look bad and ignoring availability requirements) is in the area, he all but stands over me until I turn my light on and log back in.
      And this is precisely why people do it. Really wish some people (ie people who dont actually deal with customers would learn this lesson)

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        I've had people lurk until I shut my light off...sorry buddy, I'm leaving (either for the day or on break).
        My sister used to work for another convenience store. One day I had to go pick her up from work because her car was in the shop, so I got to witness this one firsthand.

As I was waiting, a customer was in the store for a good 10 minutes or so, just picking up random items and then setting them down again. The exact moment they decided to do shift change, Mrs. Asshat stomps up to the counter and immediately starts whining because they can't ring up her pack of gum and soda while they were in the middle of the shift change. "This is ridiculous, I'm in a HURRRRRRRRYYYYYY!" I couldn't resist. "Gee, then maybe you shouldn't have spent 10 minutes wandering aimlessly around the store, huh?"

If looks could kill.......

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
          And this is precisely why people do it. Really wish some people (ie people who dont actually deal with customers would learn this lesson)
          He does deal with customers, but has become known for giving in to any petty complaints/gimme grabs/scam attempts (this is the guy who keeps reminding us that he's been in this business since he was 16). He encourages the asshats under the guise of 'good customer service
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
          X