This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth sms001 View Post
    This board is in incredibly desperate need of a pun-groan emoticon of some sort.
    Like at The Place (aka Callahan's), Pedersen will be able to identify a truly grate pun by the sudden drop in the "Currently Active Users" count, as everyone flees the cheesecutter for the world.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
      *grins* I had an Xperia Play, which if you don't know it, is the Playstation phone. I had someone ask to borrow it and I slid out the D-Pad and said, "Not a phone. It's a new hand held gaming system."
      Cool phone and not made anymore, IIRC. One of my coworkers has one and she uses it constantly. She's cracked her screen now but it's still going - sadly she can't get a new model.

Correction: Googled and it's still around - just blue ball wireless doesn't have the updated model available for our area. Bwuah?
      Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 02-21-2014, 10:02 PM.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
        This board is in incredibly desperate need of a pun-groan emoticon of some sort. And it needs to be tagged so that it fulfills the minimum response requirement by itself.
        Not really an emoticon but you mean something like this?

Violets are blue,
        Roses are red,
        I bequeath to thee...
        A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
          This board is in incredibly desperate need of a pun-groan emoticon of some sort.
          At least nobody tried to Force-choke my ass
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            Force-choking your ass would be kind of pointless. Most people would go for the neck. /captainobvious
            Violets are blue,
            Roses are red,
            I bequeath to thee...
            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Quoth Kagato View Post
              ... kind of pointless...
              If sustained long enough, the results are hilarious... Explodes, protege does, in a shower of soil-toned WisdomNuggetsâ„¢.

Comment

I don't let ANYONE use my phone but myself!

I have to pay for the minutes, and there are roaming charges. And anyone who can afford to give me $20 to make up for it can easily afford a PAY PHONE for their own personal use.

Go buy your own damn phone and stop harassing me for mine

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  This board is in incredibly desperate need of a pun-groan emoticon of some sort. And it needs to be tagged so that it fulfills the minimum response requirement by itself.
                  I skipped from first page to fourth page of the thread, read this, and was immediately on the Nope Train concerning reading the rest of the thread, because I know only too well how the thread arrived at this point.
                  "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
                  Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
                    ... immediately on the Nope Train ...
                    If you can't take the bleach, get out of the bitchin'.

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                      Not really an emoticon but you mean something like this?
                      A good one, as is this...

but a quickly typed smiley would be better

: pungroan:

I envision something like a cross between the 'Rolling' and the 'Roll Eyes' ones we have now.

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
                      I know only too well how the thread arrived at this point.
                      Hi-speed degenerative etymology. (and smart move, Dent.)

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                        Seriously, I don't let passengers handle my phone (any more). If they need to make a phone call, I dial for them and put the phone on speaker.
                        I did this once. Night, poor girl just got off a train, showed me her dead phone, no pay phones around. Her family wasn't there to pick her up.

I *67’d though. (Blocked my number)

-Silver
                        "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Not a phone but I did let a custy use my phone charger--he needed some info from home and his batteries were going fast. Needless to say, that device never left my sight.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                            Not a phone but I did let a custy use my phone charger--he needed some info from home and his batteries were going fast. Needless to say, that device never left my sight.
                            That's a bit different, for me anyway. I have no problem letting them use my charger because, due to where the plug is in the car, it's practically impossible for it to go running away. (The (detachable, cheap) cord perhaps, but not the charger itself.)
                            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              Like at The Place (aka Callahan's), Pedersen will be able to identify a truly grate pun by the sudden drop in the "Currently Active Users" count, as everyone flees the cheesecutter for the world.
                              Although I haven't hung out there since before Speaker To Minerals died, I still remember how in the Other Place (alt.callahans), people reacted to awful puns by throwing virtual peanuts at the paronomasiac.

88888888888 <- peanuts

Comment

Working...
                              X