This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guardians of the Galaxy trailer

If you haven't seen it yet, it's worth a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B16Bo47KS2g

I don't know a thing about the comic other than what a friend has told me. I saw the 15 second teaser and was seriously stoked. After watching the full trailer, now I'm not so sure. If they play it as a Sci-fi adventure like Star Wars, it could work. Try to tie it too much to the Marvel cinematic Universe (yeah I know, Thanos and The Collector are in it. It's already tied to it) too much, and it'll flop.

I just hope they don't play it too campy and that the CGI for Groot is a hell of a lot better in the movie than they show here. Right now he reminds me too much of the mummy from the Brendan Frasier movies. (Good movies, but dated CGI.)
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

The reason he's called Starlord is because he's a prince. I'll reserve judgement, it looks like fun

Comment

I hope they remember that Groot can only say "I am Groot."
        Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

I don't think Groot looks like the Mummy, I think he looks like a Treant from a game I used to play.

Comment

Oh and the song is used in the comic, thus why in the movie.

Comment

On another board, people are loving it because it's got a strong Farscape feel to it.

For me, I've been a Guardians fan since the original 31st century crew, and I'm really looking forward to it. So far, Marvel's done a great job balancing the humour, the origins and the serious, so I'm giving them a good benefit of the doubt so far.

A big positive from the trailer that I'm seeing is the actors seem to be having a great time. Vin Diesel himself's been raving about it since before he technically could be raving about it, so those are combining to say to me that it should be a fun movie, possibly shades of Ocean 11 or Italian Job (without the Heist but with the 'bunch of famous/semifamous actors getting together and having a blast)

Of course, being a fan of the 31st century crew, I can't wait to see Yondu. (and I really can't wait until we see the inevitable Guardians/Avengers crossover and a Yondu/Hawkeye shoot off. )

Comment

Here's the official poster. (Assuming I'm doing this right)

You're welcome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	2030429

Comment

I think it looks great, I can't wait to see it.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

You had me at "Raccoon with a machine gun."

Comment

Working...
                    X