Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's winter...what the f* do you expect???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a rough time dere bai!

Comment

And that's when some of the most tolerant people in the world get irritated.. when some loudmouth bass can't get it through their thick skulls (or whatever apparatus passes for such) that life doesn't revolve around them. Will they take it out on the poor driver? Nope.. but if loudmouth bass does ride, they'll be the target of all that canned ire...

Is it wrong that I was hoping he'd get a free ride? In a police car, that is.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

What's this all aboat, eh? *runs away, giggling*

Comment

Most of the welders I worked with were newfies. It rubs off lol

Comment

Yup, the Newfie and Caper accents are infectious. My mom is a Caper and teaches high school English. Most of the time she sounds normal, but get her in earshot of another Caper or a Newfie, and out it comes.

We joked about it because a few years ago the school got a new french teacher for the same grades... a Newfie French Teacher. We joked those poor students wouldn't know how to speak by the end of the term. :P

As for buses, Freddy's buses are just as bad at times. Luckily most of us are pretty patient with the drivers. What's a bit confusing is my usual after work bus. It should be going by my place about 20-25 after, but due to something (Traffic I guess) it is consistantly showing up around 35 after, making it almost impossible to get connections. (Luckily I don't need connections). For the most part we just roll with it and hope by spring it might get back on track.

What I'm more annoyed with is CGI. Their Bus Tracker program hasn't worked in almost a year now. Sure it was just a beta product, but it worked fine until it just stopped working across all the mobile programs.

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post
              What's this all aboat, eh? *runs away, giggling*
              It's about winter - you know, when your street is covered in water at least knee-deep. Of course, around here, the water is in the form of lots of little solid particles, so when we shovel it out of the way, it STAYS out of the way until more falls from the sky. From news reports, I understand that in Britain (where your location field says you are), you have the same situation with LIQUID water.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Father Time needs to get off his lazy ass and take Mother Nature out...maybe then I wouldn't be looking forward to -20 windchills tomorrow.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  Father Time needs to get off his lazy ass and take Mother Nature out...maybe then I wouldn't be looking forward to -20 windchills tomorrow.
                  Father Time did take Mother Nature out. That's why we are all getting the cold shoulder from her.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                    Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Father Time did take Mother Nature out. That's why we are all getting the cold shoulder from her.
                    It's not Mother Nature to blame. It's Old Man Winter, overstaying his welcome.

Mother Nature needs to kick that bum out on his bony arse and send him back to the Southern Hemisphere.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Mother Nature retired.

The position has been filled by management.

We now have Mutha Naycha.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Now I'm imagining 'weather by committee'... >.<
                        "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

The corporate weather office has decided to extend winter until reserves of driveway de-over and -40 windshield wiper fluid have been sold

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
                            Now I'm imagining 'weather by committee'... >.<
                            Twitch Plays the Weather.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                            X