This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I walked away (looong)

Ever been so mad at someone that you had to walk away before you said something that you knew would get you into major trouble? Yeah, I had to walk away from this jerk.

So we have new atm machines. They ARE confusing but if you read carefully you can figure out which option to use. There are three options. Credit, Atm and Debit. Debit clearly states "higher fees apply" underneath it. It is crappy because if I didn't work where I work and know which button to push I would probably pick the wrong one too.

So, you want to hit ATM not debit when pulling money off your atm/debit card. It's stupid and the company did it to make more money. Its a separate company and we have no affiliation. The "company" is working on it. Right.

So, if you pick debit the fee is higher and will send you to the cage to receive your money. The reason being is it's the button you want to push when you are over your daily limit. That's why its on there. That and to rip people off. I hate it personally.

So, anyway, we all have been very patient to explain this to each customer that comes up upset. Now, if you notice a high fee, why oh why do you hit OKAY and not CANCEL????! That is my biggest annoyance. You agreed to the freaking fee. The atm option has a much lower fee.

Sorry just some background. I understand why they are mad BUT don't take it out on me.

SC: Why didn't the atm gimmie my money!?

(I could tell by his mannerism that this was going to be hell)

Me: well, sir, unfortunately the debit button itself will send you up here. It's for when you're over your daily limit-

SC: I am NOT over my limit!

Me: Right, I meant that's the button that goes straight to that option thus charging a higher fee. I apologize-

SC: Oh ,great a higher fee? I hit atm!

Me: *looks at his receipt* actually it says debit-

SC: No I hit ATM I ain't no retard!

Me: It is confusing sir. I am really sorry... Would you like to complete the transaction or have it voided?

(btw having it voided SUCKS. It takes days to a month to go back to your card and anybody who says different is lying. They tell us to lie)

SC: I really need the money now! Just give it to me!

Me: Okay, I need the card you used and your Id please.

I have to run it through our system to pull up the transaction, I can't just hand out money then I'd be short in my drawer without some kind of documentation as to why I gave the money out. It prints it out like a check that we "cash"

SC; Why? I used my pin that should be ID enough!

Me: Well, unfortunately our system requires an ID.

Opens his wallet and flashes his Id.

Me: I need it out please.

He gives me attitude and throws it at me. I am getting so mad but I am trying to hold back. Its not like I made him hit okay. And we have to have them out so we can make sure everything is real and legit. We even black light the IDs. You'd be shocked by how many fake ones we get. Credit cards too.

I start doing the procedure (putting his ID info in to make the check)

SC: what's taking so long?

I ignored him and continued what I was doing.

SC: This is ridiculous. How dare you charge me so much and then make me go through this? How do you sleep at night? You should be ashamed of yourself!

I continued to ignore him.

I finished putting in the info and went to the printer to get the check.

SC: What the hell is that?

Me: It gets printed out like a check that we cash. Now I need you to sign and thumb print please.
    (for the love of god i hate asking for this BUT its an outside company who refunds us the money as long as we follow THEIR rules)

SC: This is ridiculous! I just want my goddamn money. YOU are pissing me off lady! I shouldn't have to give you shit for MY OWN MONEY!

I got everything and at that point I had it.

Me: You know what!!!

I wanted to tell him to go to hell and fuck off. Instead I ran into the back WithOUT paying him and told my supervisor that she better go out there because I could NOT pay him. I was shaking and just could not get myself to suck it up and pay this asshole.

My SV sent out another cashier and he was nice as pie to her cuz he thought she was a boss. She paid him and I had to take a few mins to calm down before going back out.

It is not my fault. I am just the middle man. Get mad at the real company please.

"I just work here, I don't make any decisions." Granted, this gets me "well, get me someone who DOES make decisions!" And I'm like "Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you." And that gets them worried, and a little more willing to deal with me. At that point, I'm like "No, you wanted someone who makes decisions, and you're getting them." And by that point, there all piss scared when I get the pleasant, easy-to-deal-with Assistant Manager to help them.

Granted, this doesn't always work, but it does often enough to get me through harder situations.
    The customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is a clueless moron. If this offends you, you are this moron.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
      They ARE confusing but if you read carefully you can figure out which option to use.
      Aaaand there's the problem. Still, no reason to take it out on you.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Hitokiri Akins View Post
        "I just work here, I don't make any decisions." Granted, this gets me "well, get me someone who DOES make decisions!"

When I cashiered at a grocery co-op, I told a customer who was bitching about meals tax on a single toasted bagel (as opposed to a bag of half a dozen) basically that (whaddaya want me to do about it!--meaning, hellloooo! meals tax? talk to the goverment) and their gem was "Well, I'm complaining to you so you'll tell someone who can fix it!"

That totally shut me up. And I mean entirely. I didn't argue with the sucktomer. And I sure as hell didn't bring it up to my boss!

Comment

Quoth camjuniper View Post

When I cashiered at a grocery co-op, I told a customer who was bitching about meals tax on a single toasted bagel (as opposed to a bag of half a dozen) basically that (whaddaya want me to do about it!--meaning, hellloooo! meals tax? talk to the goverment) and their gem was "Well, I'm complaining to you so you'll tell someone who can fix it!"

That totally shut me up. And I mean entirely. I didn't argue with the sucktomer. And I sure as hell didn't bring it up to my boss!
          And in that situation, I'd simply say "Well, I'm sorry, but I, as well as anyone else who works here, are not allowed to talk to the government on your behalf, because we could get in real legal trouble for making assumptions about you and your situation."
          The customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is a clueless moron. If this offends you, you are this moron.

Comment

Whatever moron came up with this system deserves equal, perhaps greater blame.

And I say this as one who supports users of one of the worst UIs I've seen.

...no, not Windows 8, I don't work for Small and Limp. Although that would be awesome for my resume if I did...

...or the big red M

...or rhymes-with-Horton...
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth camjuniper View Post
              "They don't listen to us. They listen to customers, but not to mere workers. Would you like me to give you the contact information for corporate?"
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

And as we all know, when given the opportunity and contact information to speak to someone who can actually change the situation or fix the problem*, the customer is "too busy".

*Except they won't.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Would there be any consequences if you were to simply reach your limit of suck and yell out "SECURITY" and have the guy accosted off of the property? Or do you need a really viable reason for doing so?

Comment

Working...
                  X