This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uhhh...Okay? (slight ick factor)

In dealing with a customer placing a death notice, this little gem turned up in my email inbox (identifying information removed):

His name is [XXXXX] he died at [XXXXX] on Feb 11th and the Funeral home was [XXXXX]. [XXXXX] was the undertaker who said he would be embalmed with phenol because formaldehyde gives off noxious fumes. Should I just take the information to them?

Why the hell she thought we needed to know what the undertaker told her about embalming, I do not know. All I know is, I did not need to read this right after lunch!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    In dealing with a customer placing a death notice, this little gem turned up in my email inbox (identifying information removed):

His name is [XXXXX] he died at [XXXXX] on Feb 11th and the Funeral home was [XXXXX]. [XXXXX] was the undertaker who said he would be embalmed with phenol because formaldehyde gives off noxious fumes. Should I just take the information to them?

Why the hell she thought we needed to know what the undertaker told her about embalming, I do not know. All I know is, I did not need to read this right after lunch!
    Some sort of weird religious requirement, perhaps?
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I know the smell of formaldehyde waaay too well.

I studied AN101 at Uni - AN being Anatomy. We used cadavers.

My class was right before lunch, and was a 2-hour session.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
      X