Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really hope your card is stolen someday...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good god.

I'm actually horrified that you're not allowed to call Visa/Mastercard/the issuing bank. Or at least, to call a supervisor and have them do so.

I WANT the merchant to contact the bank if it looks dubious. I'd rather have my purchases or whatnot held while I verified my identity to the bank than have my money taken fraudulently.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

And I want to know why the customer had his wife's card? Where was his card, since the account was under his name and he paid the bills and all.....?
      These days, with so many stores having customer-swipe card systems, even the slight security offered by checking IDs is moot....because clerks never have the card in their hand to look at the name or signature.
      I no longer fear HELL.
      I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        Good god.

I'm actually horrified that you're not allowed to call Visa/Mastercard/the issuing bank. Or at least, to call a supervisor and have them do so.

I WANT the merchant to contact the bank if it looks dubious. I'd rather have my purchases or whatnot held while I verified my identity to the bank than have my money taken fraudulently.
        If a mistake is made, say that was actually the SC's wife's card, then it would be "bad for business". Seriously. I have about 15 managers. Half of them are idiots that don't need to be anywhere near a management position.
        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

We used to get 'refer' requests a lot a few years ago so we'd have to call Visa/Mastercard/Amex/Switch but we don't seem to get them any more. Okay I deal with card payments over the phone. I can't remember the last time I've had to speak to a card company though. All payments are either accepted or declined straight away these days.

To be fair though, we used to look forward to those calls as they were usually busy and could spend about 10-15 minutes on a 'break' (on hold) while waiting to speak to Visa, etc.

We've got a policy of the caller having to have the card in front of them when they call us though. A lot of it is on trust and if someone's card is memorised we can't really decline it. But as soon as they start umm-ing or 'I think the expiry date is...' then it's a 'Call back when you have the card in front of you.'

Comment

Working...
          X