This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who won't let others merge

Earlier today I was driving home and there was one of those LED barriers set up on the blvd I was on. Traffic wasn't bad at all, the barrier was there for whatever reason but didn't really slow traffic down. People were alternating just fine letting other cars file into a single lane that eventually opened up again right after the traffic light. I was trying to merge and enter smiling asshat.

I had a few car lengths room to merge and this guy had to have seen me because he sped up, looks over at me winking and smiling. I didn't even get mad because I was thinking he must live a pathetic smug life if he feels the need to block someone out from merging so he can move up several yards. Seriously, wtf is up with people getting their rocks off being jerks? That's rhetorical btw. I got the last laugh because a little further up the road someone cut him off.

I hate merging. there are several places on my way to work where lanes end, and you have to merge, or traffic coming onto the road merges. I generally will let someone merge in ahead of me, but the ones that really irk me are the ones coming onto the road, who are parallel to me, but behind, and try and rush up, and cut over in front of me. THOSE I won't let in. You can get behind me, esp when the traffic is moving slowly.

Comment

Happened to me twice in a row today on my way to work.

I'm pulling off the highway onto the road I take to get to The Client, and the exit ramp merges onto the road. As I'm coming up on the merge area, first a big SuckUV just barges forward, cutting me off.

Then, literally as I'm at the end of the merge area, another car just pulls up and cuts me off again, so I have to slam the brakes and pull aside lest I sideswipe her.

Appropriately enough, the second car's vanity license plate said "MI WORLD" (My World)
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
        I hate merging. there are several places on my way to work where lanes end, and you have to merge, or traffic coming onto the road merges. I generally will let someone merge in ahead of me, but the ones that really irk me are the ones coming onto the road, who are parallel to me, but behind, and try and rush up, and cut over in front of me. THOSE I won't let in. You can get behind me, esp when the traffic is moving slowly.
        The trick to that I've found through years of driving is to just move over left at the best possible chance when on ramp traffic is merging. If not you get the speeder uppers who just have to get in front of you or the slow asses that can't find a clue to take the freebie and go on and move over. Mingle in with the fray of traffic from the right lane near the on ramp merging. Stay out of the far right lane where traffic is merging. I will let a couple of cars in, in front of me trying to merge cause I'm a nice guy like that but will cut that shit off when the rest of LA merging in thinks they can take advantage of the niceness. I'll pull up behind the 2nd or 3rd car I let in to give non verbal communication that it's not copacetic and whoever is trying to take advantage to wait their turn. I've been more than reasonable and nice with the others I've let merge.

Quick story on that. Years ago I had a gigantic SUV, probably a GMC Yukon or similar merging from the on ramp while I was in the far right lane. This rat bastard didn't want to pull in behind me where there was like several car lengths behind me type room. Nope. He/She cut my ass off the second I allowed room in front of me so I wouldn't be tailgating the person in front of me. I mean about one car length room since I give people room and don't tailgate. They almost caused an accident but luckily the car I had at the time had new brake pads. The kicker? They were on their cell phone right after the California ban on hands free.

But yea, to make a long story short, I actually like letting people merge cause we all know how it is. I just want to pay it all forward in advance.Just don't be that guy who wants to take advantage. I still have that winking and smirking asshats' face in my mind though from my OP post.
        Last edited by Willis; 02-24-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          Happened to me twice in a row today on my way to work.

I'm pulling off the highway onto the road I take to get to The Client, and the exit ramp merges onto the road. As I'm coming up on the merge area, first a big SuckUV just barges forward, cutting me off.

Then, literally as I'm at the end of the merge area, another car just pulls up and cuts me off again, so I have to slam the brakes and pull aside lest I sideswipe her.

Appropriately enough, the second car's vanity license plate said "MI WORLD" (My World)
          Oh man, I feel you Jay. I drive a Volvo C70 convertible. It's a tank of a car with turbo and top speed of 140mph. I don't drive fast cause I know it's a powerful and heavy car. I was on my way to pick up one of my friends and his GF for church yesterday and this Mercedes AMG was cutting people off. This guy was THAT guy. Bobbing and weaving through traffic, cutting people off and what not. He cut me off twice in traffic, I bet you know that how is.

I have my car in the shop right now as we speak getting ceramic brake pads and rotors. I need them around here for all the stop and go and crazy idiots.

Comment

Quoth Willis View Post
            The trick to that I've found through years of driving is to just move over left at the best possible chance when on ramp traffic is merging. If not you get the speeder uppers who just have to get in front of you or the slow asses that can't find a clue to take the freebie and go on and move over.

But yea, to make a long story short, I actually like letting people merge cause we all know how it is. I just want to pay it all forward in advance.Just don't be that guy who wants to take advantage. I still have that winking and smirking asshats' face in my mind though from my OP post.
            Normally I do, but just after that, I have to go right, so I can't get over left. and the road I'm on, its not a ramp, as its not an interstate; just a divided county road, where people merge on from the sidestreets. so while there is a merging lane, no ramp persay. I don't mind if they come on, and are in front of me, but hte ones behind who try and speed up, and cut me off, sorry buddy, wiat your turn.

I'll let people in too, since its not going to make any difference, time wise, for me.

Comment

Working...
            X