This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Station Pwnage

So this is hubby's story but I thought I would share it.

Background : My husband is 5 foot 3 and 165 lbs. He looks like a leprechaun / jack nicholsons joker most of the time. However since he started working for the railroad he has decided NOT to shave. This makes him look well like a hobo of sorts. Since he is a mechanic, his clothes are well worn and dirty. No amount of soap gets out oil and grease.

So he stops at the gas station this morning to get his daily coffee and pack of cigarettes.
    Some guy dressed in hellmart blues and he had his badge on. Tapped hubby on the shoulder at the gas station.

H: Awesome Hubby, SC: hellmarts proudest employee

SC: You know I don't think "I" should have to pay for your cigarettes and your coffee. Get the f*** out of here.
    H: Excuse me? Who the f*** do you think you are?
    SC: Someone who is paying your bills, you welfare junkie. I see you paying with your welfare money
    H: Excuse Me Mr HELLMART, but last I checked, I make more in a day than you make in a week. (28.22 per hour FTW). At best I would say you make $8 bucks an hour. I make 4x times that. I am dirty because I actually WORK for a living.

Hubby paid for his stuff, flipped the guy off and walked out.

Now that hubby is out of the service, he makes about 4500 a month. He was paying with change because he spent all his cigarette money and he pissed me off last night so I wouldn't give him fresh bills for his smokes. I told him he could smoke his pennies for all I cared last night.

On a little side note, hubby knows the girls that work at the gas station for all 3 shifts since he is in there all the damn time. The girl told him after work that Hellmart guy grumbled after he left that he was a hobo and just lying to cover face. She told him, nope that guy works for the railroad as a mechanic. He just got his pay raise up to journeyman rate of 28 bucks an hour. (Hubby brags to everyone that has ears). And if the gas station girls don't have anything to eat for lunch or whatever he will buy for them. Hes a total sap.

Just thought it was funny.

Heehee . . . just goes to show you never judge a book by its cover.

Congrats to Hubby on his raise.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Congrats of having a great hubby.

Would have been better if cashier refused service for pissing off a great customer.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

SC was a total ass. What, does money now come with "welfare" stamped on it? None of his business where someone else got their money anyway, especially when that person actually has a job!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Even if your husband was on welfare...that SC was way way WAY out of line.

Comment

Several of the best programmers (computer geeks) I know look like hippies, goths, potheads and other 'freaks' from the fringes of society.

All of them are worth six figure incomes (in Aust dollars); and the only ones who don't earn that are the ones who choose to either work shorter hours, or work for charities/other businesses that can't afford that sort of salary.

All of them get the same sort of prejudicial behaviour your (OP's) hubby got.

Toth (Mr Seshat) had that same level of income before he quit working to be carer for Bast and myself. And he has small children calling him Hagrid. Or sometimes Dumbledore, depending on what he's wearing.
            He certainly doesn't look 'respectable'.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

In his later years, Howard Hughes could have been mistaken for a bum.

One story I heard about him (ostensibly happened at the Bayshore Inn in Vancouver) was that he was at a hotel when the power failed. He called the front desk to ask why the backup generator wasn't working. The reason? They didn't have one. His answer? "Get one, and put it on my bill".

Definitely someone whose appearance didn't match his finances.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Reminds me of a story... I think I saw it on Snopes so I'm not sure how true it is, but basically an old man with a long beard and a shabby coat went into a bank for a simple transaction. The teller just gave him the worst attitude and wouldn't help him. The guy finally gave up, went over to the bank manager and had a few words. The teller was called over and fired. Why? Because the old man had $1 million in his bank account and had just closed it because of the way he was treated.

Found it, and it's true:

http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/barrier.asp

Comment

I have to limit his cigarette budget because If i don't he buys the most expensive cigarettes and CHAIN SMOKES like a damn chimney. I am talking 4-5 packs in a day. If I force him to budget he won't go over 2 packs. Its a health / money issue for us.

And I have TRIED to get him to trim his beard and junk but he doesnt like to shave after 12 years in the service. He shaves his head and keeps his beard.

Comment

And quite possibly, the Hell-Mart dude himself needs food stamps. Not to go to fratching, but it is true that many of their employees need to do so just to make ends meet.

So, cast-iron pot calling the stainless steel kettle black? (If I may bowlderize the saying...)
                    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Working...
                    X