This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Librarian is sick of your BS.

I was in a meeting in the Kirkland library on Sunday when I heard the best closing announcement about 20 minutes prior to closing. You could hear in her voice that her soul was mostly crushed, too: "This is a reminder that we close at 5. If you would like to enjoy the library after hours, please visit Bellevue or Bothell... If you need to print something, it would be smart to do it sooner rather than later."

FTR: Bellevue and Bothell share the same hours, so she was basically saying "Go away and bother someone else for a change."

Right at 5pm, just as we were heading out the door, we hear quite bluntly: "It's 5 o'clock and the library is closed. I repeat, the library is closed."

I glanced inside the main library, and it's no wonder she sounded a bit aggravated. There were still plenty of people milling about inside. No one seemed to be getting it.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Reminds me that I was at a store at 8:10pm the other night. About 5-min after entering the store, I hear over the speakers "Attention _ customers, the store will be closing in 15 min at 9:00pm, please bring your purchases to the counter and thank you for shopping."

I looked at my watch confused; it was 8:15. I wondered if they purposely said the wrong amount of time to trick people into cashing out before closing, or if she had a brain burp.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

And at 5pm they should begin the following announcements:

"Thank you for visiting Library, we are now closed. We'd like to thank our patrons who are staying after hours, for donating their time to library cleanup. We will be assigning cleaning tasks shortly. Again, thank you to those patrons staying after hours, we appreciate your assistance."
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I knew someone who used to say, "What are they gonna do, throw you out?" And my answer was, "Yeah, probably! They set the hours, not me!"
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          There were still plenty of people milling about inside. No one seemed to be getting it.
          It's a library -- it's not like they could claim that there was too much ambient noise for them to hear her...>_>
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            "Thank you for visiting Library, we are now closed. We'd like to thank our patrons who are staying after hours, for donating their time to library cleanup. We will be assigning cleaning tasks shortly. Again, thank you to those patrons staying after hours, we appreciate your assistance."
            Cooper did something like that in the early days of the Retail comic strip.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
            X