This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help!

I have to come up with a title for a research paper....and I have a good one but it comes across as a question....

How Video Games are good for children with terminal illnesses.

I nee to word this in such a way that its more a title....suggestions?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

i actully read that more as a statement rather than a question, but that could just be me

Comment

looking for something more....creative?
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Video game therapy: How games improve life for children with terminal illnesses.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I mentioned in a post earlier....here...Topic has been approved.

and I've finally fleshed out my thesis statement....basically the points I'll be discussing further in my paper.....which is my final exam and worth a huge chunk of my grade.

Cancer and all it entails is a very scary process for people, but even worse for children. Studies have shown that children, who are distracted by video games while receiving chemotherapy and radiation treatments, have shown a better quality of life. Video games for children in these studies have shown a decreased need for pain relief while also relieving stress. Yet most would claim that video games are bad, and that they are the leading cause of violence in today’s society. Video games get a bad reputation because they have only recently come into the spot light of the news media due to over popularization of social media bringing it to the forefront. Video games have been used to help neurosurgeons fine tune their own dexterity, they have helped stroke victims regain some mobility. They have even been shown to help those who suffer from Posttraumatic stress disorder. Video games have also been shown to have positive effects on even normal healthy children. Role Playing games have been shown to produce faster reaction and improved reading skills. First person shooter games have been shown to improve reaction times, and even children’s games have their own benefits such as reading and cognitive reasoning skills.

Comment

Right. So I still stand by my title. You may want to clarify the subtitle to be more in line with your thesis, but academic pieces don't require much extraneous detail.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

IMO, you're expanding your scope too much. Stick to the topic of children, and pain/distress relief. The other matters can be side points, but at the moment they distract from your main drive.

Relief from Cancer Pain: Video Games help Child Patients.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

How about: Video Games: The Benefits Of Interactive Entertainment For Terminally Ill Youths

Comment

"Life On Line"
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                    I have to come up with a title for a research paper....and I have a good one but it comes across as a question....

How Video Games are good for children with terminal illnesses.

I need to word this in such a way that its more a title....suggestions?
                    Try: The Benefits Of Video Games For Children With Terminal Illnesses.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Video Game a Therapy Terminally Ill Children.

--OR--

Benefits of Video Game Therapy for Terminally Ill Children.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                      X