Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Repair and Personal Assistant!

So I got a nasty virus on my laptop (probably solitaire related), which, combined with my phone, is the basis for my whole life. As I am in no way qualified to deal with this virus I called the computer repair guys that do our computers at work. They gave me a price for deleting the virus, but warned me that if they couldn't delete it they would have to try to back up the files, completely erase everything, and then put whatever they had saved back on the computer. I drop it off Friday morning and they called me Friday afternoon and told me that they would have to do the more expensive erase/replace, and that it would take longer. I told them to go ahead, and they told me it would be ready by Monday noon. They also told me they wouldn't be able to reload programs I had bought, or that I downloaded free off the internet, but the files would be there when I re installed those programs, or at least most of them because they couldn't guarantee data retrieval. Oh well, hope for the best.

Monday lunch I go to pick it up. It's not ready. Or really started even. I remained calm, but felt a little panicked. The owner came out and explained that the weekend crew, which is different than the weekday crew, didn't see the note that I had agreed to the more expensive repair, and hadn't done anything to it. He apologized at length, promised it would be done Wednesday morning, first thing, then apologized more. What could I do, I left it there.

So I have the email on my phone and computer synced, anything that comes in shows up in both. I get an email from my office, asking for certain information about a customer, I emailed back - don't have the computer still, I can get that information for you Wednesday. Then I get an email from myself (freaky) - is this the information you needed? - with a file attached, signed by the computer repair guy. That's it, perfect, sent the information needed to office. Cool, right?

Four more times in the last two days I got emails from people, where the information I needed was on my computer, that the repair guy sent me the files I needed to deal with it, including Monday night at 8:30 pm, long after the store closes.

When I pick it up Wednesday morning, it works perfectly, everything is installed on there, including programs I had purchased like acrobat, things I had downloaded free like open office, that I wasn't expecting to be put back on. All my files appear to be there, everything for work, even most of my music. Other than asking for my email passwords he didn't need anything from me, he was able to re register everything. I think the only thing missing is a couple of games and songs. I don't know what level of service most places offer, but I feel like I was treated like royalty. The cherry on top, the owner would only charge me the cheaper rate he first quoted because it wasn't done when I first came to get it. I thanked him for forwarding me information I needed this week, and was told - No problem. Your computer is very well organized, it was easy to find everything. - I don't know exactly what that means, but, cool.

I think these guys went way over and above any expected level of service.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.
Working...
X