X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post
    Craigslist scam?

As for the hall lights, see if the landlord would agree to having an electrician put a second switch for the hall lights up beside your apartment entrance. Then he can turn them off all he wants, and you can just turn them on when you want them.
    Craigslist scam, some guy put all sorts of posts in craigslist for a woman 'wanting to be raped and abused' as part of her sexual fetish - he was an exboyfriend. Some poor schlub showed up, raped and abused her. Serious bad juju.

And it wouldn't work for me, I have a flashlight headband in my messenger bag, lights out? I would whip it out and put it on and keep stumping or rolling along. And the craigslist thing? Someone breaks into my house [it is never unlocked] would be met with 9 mm rounds to the center of the body. My house is also never dark, we keep the main body of the house light up with a 15 watt bulb in the ceiling fan that is on 24/7 and is on a backup battery. From where I sit in bed I have a straight shot to the front and back door and the centerline of the house. I have a form of insomnia that means I am awake at random times and a very light sleeper so it is almost impossible to sneak up on me.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Holy crap! Oh good lord, I hope that asshole got what he deserved.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Well here is to hoping your neighbors are moving. We just got new neighbors in the last two weeks. They are gonna be interesting.

Already had a big bonfire in the backyard. Which is illegal. This is city limits and residential. Need a burn permit and probably permission from the landlord.

Only two people on the lease and I THINK 8 people actually live there. And hubby says the one woman is a hooker. Not sure that was disclosed but hey whatever. She brings home 3-4 different guys each day. different cars, different guys and then blasts music whenever they stop in .

Should be fun waiting to happen.

Comment

Awesome news, and best wishes for normal neighbors.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

That is excellent news. Hopefully they'll end up living with neighbors who are as horrible as they are. And hopefully you'll get decent neighbors next go-round.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Here's to hoping for non-sucky neighbors.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

And if it's not too late, team up with first floor neigbs and see if you can find someone to move in to approach the landlord. I would never "recommend" a tenant to my landlord - too much chance of something going south, but if you all keep you ears open, maybe you can find someone agreeable before the LL just takes any warm rent-paying body that comes along?

Having had more than my fair share of P-A, sucktastic neighbors, I'm glad this clown and company are gone, for your sake!

Comment

Didn't read through all 3 pages, so I don't know if someone brought this up:

Regarding people being able to access other peoples circuitbreakers, I'd be particularly concerned about the possibility of someone having equipment that is vital to their wellbeing, such as a dialysis machine, a device to help with sleep apnoea, or something just as critical.

Person is in bed, their carer having left some laundry in the drier overnight, asshole hits the circuit breaker, turning off their critical medical equipment, person dies. A-hole is now looking at charges of manslaughter (Won't say murder as it is/may not be premeditated)

Circuit breakers in apartment buildings should always be completely secure and only accessible by the landlord or on-site maintenance.
                  Last edited by Kagato; 03-29-2014, 11:19 AM.
                  Violets are blue,
                  Roses are red,
                  I bequeath to thee...
                  A boot to the head >_>

Comment

I'm sure that the landlord appreciates it. And no doubt this bolsters his attitude whenever you have a request.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                    X