This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a fire drill not the zombie apocolypse

I just moved into a new loft apartment building in downtown Los Angeles. I love it and the area.
    The building management hosts monthly fire/emergency drills and we had one yesterday afternoon at 5pm. I was expecting a grocery delivery between 6-7pm so I figured I would attend and still have time to get back to my apartment for the delivery.
    They just want to tell us how to get out safely and where to meet after getting out of the building. It includes earthquake event training as well. It was SUPPOSED to take about 15-30 minutes.
    But thanks to one wacko tenant, it took over an hour because he had dozens of "helpfull" tips that had ZERO to do with anything we were talking about.
    They included how to make mace spray with household products in case our neighbors start to riot and loot. What kinds of ways to block your door so nobody can break in and take your water supply, etc.
    He took up so much time that it was after 6 when the lecture stopped. I had to skip the practice evacuation so I wouldn't miss the delivery.
    I told the trainer that if the zombies come, I'm giving them that guy's apartment number and telling them there's good eatin' there!
    She got a laugh out of that and agreed.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
    ... I'm giving them that guy's apartment number and telling them there's good eatin' there!
    "But you told us there'd be B_R_A_I_N_S! "
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      I just moved into a new loft apartment building in downtown Los Angeles. I love it and the area.
      Ah, so you're another former Zonie then? (You'll probably want to change your Location info!) Glad you found a nice place in a nice area. But there's always going to be a whackaloon or more amongst the neighbors, so you just gotta when they open their mouths and happily ignore them.
      Last edited by XCashier; 03-19-2014, 09:03 PM.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

BTW, here are pics of the new place:
        Attached Files
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
        X