This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont want to be....

a house mom. It seems my roommates have latched into the fact that I don't cook in a dirty kitchen and will often do dishes three times just for one meal time.

I'm starting to think I need to buy my own set of distinctive pans and keep those in my closet. Because I'm sick of coming home and finding every pan used and sitting on the stove, counter, and sink.

I'm also kinda pissed that ALL of the glasses and coffee/tea mugs are GONE, including the ones I brought into the house.

Quoth Aethian View Post
    I'm starting to think I need to buy my own set of distinctive pans and keep those in my closet.
    two of these or similar(usually sold in two packs), and two padlocks. Put crates on top of each other openings together, padlocks through the handles, instant secure dish storage, and the fact they aren't solid means no mold if they aren't quite dry.(why yes I have had crappy roommates, why do you ask?)

Quoth Aethian View Post
    I'm also kinda pissed that ALL of the glasses and coffee/tea mugs are GONE, including the ones I brought into the house.
    Probably sitting in someone's room becoming a mold garden -_-
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

While my current roommates are (mostly) decent in this area, the Deadbeat was another story. When I finally threw him out and cleaned his room out, I was shocked at some of the stuff I found. Dirty dishes which had clearly been in there for months. Tossed them. Glasses and cups, also dirty, which had not only mold but sometimes colonies of bugs. Pots and pans, dirty, with growths of various sorts. Some of these last ones were salvageable. Some were.....not.

I won't detail the nastiest parts, unless people are curious, but suffice to say I took photographic evidence, and some of it shocked even my snobby self.

After finding all this (and all of those dishes and pots and pans had been mine, I might add), I had far less trouble pitching his shit into the dumpster. Actually, it became rather easy and guilt-free after that!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        I'm starting to think I need to buy my own set of distinctive pans and keep those in my closet.
        my dad did that only keeping them in the trunk of his car. worked well.
        This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
        my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

I had similar issues to what happened to Jester when I moved out of my old place a bit over a year ago -- one roomie had several of my plates and cups, which had been sitting in his room for ages; I just told them to keep the now-nasty things. The other roomies (a couple) had half of my Tupperware, some more plates, and several assorted pieces of my decent kitchen gear, including some of the only "nice" knives I had (the rest, they had lost somehow). When I tried to retrieve them, I got literally screamed at by the woman, whom, I had found out, had mental issue that that didn't bother to mention before they moved in. I ended up deciding that it wasn't worth the trouble to try and get the stuff back from her...mostly because she had said *knives* within reach and claimed that they were all hers (they had all of their own stuff in storage, and I could ID them by the brand name, and on some items, my name written on them...)

As the icing on the cake, all of them decided that they were not obligated to do little things like paying their share of the rent or utility bills during my last month there. I ended up having to sell some stuff just to keep from getting kicked out prematurely myself. Dunno what happened to the roomies afterwards, but good riddance to bad rubbish.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Copy and pasted from my FB wall

So I help someone get up here so they can get a job, help them in getting warm clothes for our chilly weather, buy them some things to make the room their in more comfortable. And then hell even throw in some meals and the use of my car.

At all times during this I was assured that I would be paid back for all these items. But now this person I put so much trust, faith, and help into...wants to call me a thief cause appartantly now everything is a "gift". No it's not a gift...you said you would pay everything back, that means you acknowledge it wasn't a gift.

I'm a fool for trying to help people. I'm a fool for thinking I was maybe making someone's life better. I'm a fool for even trying to believe that things can be worked past the wrinkles.

The past of someone affects their future but to use past a crutch for not trying to start a new future...Yea I'm a fool for believing that too.

Comment

My senior year roommates would let the sink and kitchen counters become full of dirty dishes. It was disgusting. Total embarrassment to ever have people over. At the beginning of the year, we each picked a room out of a hat and it was our job to clean that room for the semester. I got the living room. Fine, I figured that'd be easy. Just vacuum, dust, wipe everything down. The other guys thought that meant I would be picking up their dirty laundry and shit. Um, no. Clean up your own shit. I'm not your maid. They were so lazy, they'd pay our neighbor who was a part time maid to do clean the whole apartment then expect me to throw in $20. Like hell am I paying. None of it was my mess. After a while, I managed to get them to switch me to garbage. That was a ton easier.

During finals week spring semester, they managed to spill a ton of blue paint on our living room carpet painting their frat stuff. I just reported it to the head of housing himself and told him to bill those four guys because I won't pay for it. Never heard anything about it from the HoH.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Things have taken a turn for the worst. I'm getting txt messages all day today from three of the roommates who live in the basement. None of them have been pretty and I'm being laid to blame for bring the "asshole problem" here.

I just went through a stress filled night that included for bloody nose and ears. I can't do that again.

Comment

What asshole problem are they talking about??
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                    My senior year roommates would let the sink and kitchen counters become full of dirty dishes. It was disgusting. Total embarrassment to ever have people over. At the beginning of the year, we each picked a room out of a hat and it was our job to clean that room for the semester. I got the living room. Fine, I figured that'd be easy. Just vacuum, dust, wipe everything down. The other guys thought that meant I would be picking up their dirty laundry and shit. Um, no. Clean up your own shit. I'm not your maid. They were so lazy, they'd pay our neighbor who was a part time maid to do clean the whole apartment then expect me to throw in $20. Like hell am I paying. None of it was my mess. After a while, I managed to get them to switch me to garbage. That was a ton easier.

During finals week spring semester, they managed to spill a ton of blue paint on our living room carpet painting their frat stuff. I just reported it to the head of housing himself and told him to bill those four guys because I won't pay for it. Never heard anything about it from the HoH.
                    DOCUMENT THAT ISSUE. Take photos for proof and keep ALL correspondence, fully dated, to show that you have attempted to make contact with them, in case they do try to come after you for a portion of the bill.
                    Violets are blue,
                    Roses are red,
                    I bequeath to thee...
                    A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                      What asshole problem are they talking about??
                      I think that's their way of saying that Aethian is being the "bad" person here for having the audacity to expect them to do strange, bizarre things like cleaning up after themselves and not *ahem* borrowing other people's property, and then calling them out on it
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

No the problem asshole is the guy who moved into the 4th bedroom. The one I helped get up here cause he said he had such a rotten life.

Comment

Working...
                        X