This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STFU! (Local library sighting)

This happened about a year or two ago, but it's totally worthy of the "Sightings" board.

I was at my local library because my internet connection didn't work at my house, and I needed to download the rest of my Red Dwarf Series 5 purchase (do not have the DVD ) and update my anti-virus program. So what do I see at the nearby computer station, a half dozen of loud ass kids at the 15 minute station. They all had to be between at least 8-10 years old at best.

Fed up after 5 or so minutes of having to listen to the most deafening kids in history, I went and complained to a nearby librarian. Her response? She asked me if I wanted to move elsewhere. Uh, no. They're in violation of one of the rules of the computer station - which is to BE FUCKING QUIET! I shouldn't have to move because you're too lazy to enforce the rules!

I came here to use your services (as DOES everyone else), not listen to kids who are louder than a Metallica concert. I didn't move because I needed to use a table that had a plug in the wall. Tell them to shut up or kick them out!
    "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Let me take a guess, nothing was done?

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      Let me take a guess, nothing was done?
      Yup! I wasn't happy at all.
      "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

This is why I don't frequent libraries. I can get my books online and not deal with the kids who are put there so their parents can go do something else

Comment

The campus library where I work has different rules. On the first floor, where the computer stations are, there is no quiet rule. It can get quite noisy.

The quiet areas are the stacks on the ground floor.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Haven't actually been there, but I've heard of one library where the librarian would have (literally) gone ape. I'd love to see a bunch of noisy kids getting (again, literally) thrown out by an orangutan.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Haven't actually been there, but I've heard of one library where the librarian would have (literally) gone ape. I'd love to see a bunch of noisy kids getting (again, literally) thrown out by an orangutan.
              The Unseen University Library would probably not have computers except Hex .

Comment

Quoth The Hurting View Post
                ... you're too lazy to enforce the rules!

I came here to use your services (as DOES everyone else), not listen to kids who are louder than a Metallica concert. I didn't move because I needed to use a table that had a plug in the wall. Tell them to shut up or kick them out!
                Thankfully, the library near my home tends to enforce their rules quite well. I saw one guy using his cell phone in a sound proof room. A librarian came into the room and politely told him that he had to use his phone outside.

Next time she does nothing, ask to talk to her supervisor.
                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Toss 'em into L-space.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    Toss 'em into L-space.
                    So they could infect all of the libraries?
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth The Hurting View Post
                      <SNIP> They're in violation of one of the rules of the computer station - which is to BE FUCKING QUIET! I shouldn't have to move because you're too lazy to enforce the rules!

in my city we have 3 universities - theres the big prestigious uni (BP) , theres my uni (which depending on the course is better than big prestigious, especially in technology and creative (film making, etc) courses) and than theres the Low end college (LEC).

The scores to get into LEC are in some courses half those required to get into BP or my college. i was accepted into LEC and never actually enrolled but got my student ID, giving me access to the library and the 24 hour pc labs. now because it is so easy to get into LEC it attracts a certain type of student that doesn't exist at my college or at BP.

because my uni is in the centre of the city parking (even after hours) just sucks so i decided to go to LEC to do some study. it's 8pm and all i hear behind me are some people who (i assume) is watching youtube because every 30 seconds to 2 minutes they would burst out in laughter. i asked them to shut up and after about 4 minutes they began again so i spoke to a liberian who told me they would let security know.

i don't know if they spoke to security or not but nothing was done. i'm doing an assignment worth 20% of my mark with these dopes in my ear. i have not gone back to LEC and will now suck it up and just do work at my college
                      The mere fact that we have the flamethrower means that someone, somewhere once said "You know, I'd really like to set those customers over there on fire, but don't possess the means to do it"

Comment

i just had this one lady ranting about her computer she was using a few spaces down. i am here to quietly enjoy myself after a hard day's work. not hear her hoot and growl at the computer. I put my earphones in and she sees me. she looks at me like i "offended her" and mutters and apology followed by "bitch." i ask her to repeat it and she does... then i politely tell her she needs to keep quiet or her considering me a bitch would be the least of her problems. She was quiet the rest of the time.
                        NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Working...
                        X