This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The unhappy lady at Papa Murphy's

Last night DaDairyDruid wasn't up to making dinner, wanted pizza and I went to Papa Murphy's because they were having a special - half off their new pan pizzas. So I called the order in then headed out.

When I got there it was packed. They had a special for the pan going, one topping for $8. Not bad, so I saved more money than I expected. I had a bit of a wait because one of the new pizza makers couldn't quite get the cowboy pan pizza right. There was a woman standing there waiting as I was texting DaDairyDruid and asked how long it normally took. I said usually 5-10 minutes if it's busy, maybe a bit longer.

I then find out from the girl behind the counter that the new pizza maker had messed up on his attempt to make the cowboy pan three times! Three wasted doughs and that included the dough for our pizzas. So they had to get more prepared and said mine would be done soon.

The woman is getting more pissed and they finally get out more dough and the girl takes over. She apologizes for the wait and starts on mine. The woman flips, not caring that the other person making pizzas is starting on hers. I finally say it's okay just get hers done. The girl insists because I called mine in and they would have been done had the new guy not messed up.

You would have thought I'd called her kids ugly when I was nice enough to let her go ahead of me and gave me the cat butt face. When she did finally get her pizza, she snatched it out of the hands of the girl and stormed out.

The pan pizza was okay, but as DaDairyDruid said, if he wanted deep dish, he'd probably go for some place like Pizza Hut. I think we're going to stick with our usual crust pizzas.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

I will be honest--when I eat Papa Murphy's I always get their deLite pizzas. Not only am I a diabetic, but they're cheaper and the thin crust is delicious and crispy. Plus, you can get any pizza (except stuffed) made as a deLite. So, they brought back pan pizzas, huh? I remember the first time they did that. Your pizza would come floating on a thin bed of olive oil that would bake into the crust as it rose and flavored it. It was tasty. I was sorry when they discontinued that.

Comment

Don't worry. That lady has no manners and is just rude. She's the one with the problem, no one else.

Comment

I did try the deLite and it was okay. I'm not a fan of thin crust, but I figured I'd try it. I still like the original crust best.

I don't remember the pan pizzas and I had them long before I met DaDairyDruid. I did like the calzones they had. Those were good.
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
        X