This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawn Service Leaves Weeds

This past fall, my mother had some bushes and a cross tie fence removed from her front yard. She had a lawn service that one of her friends had recommended to plant grass to replace the bushes. When the grass finally grew, the entire patch was covered in purple nettle. That's considered a weed in the US. When she contacted the lawn service to fix their mistake, they wanted to charge her $200.

She's going to contact another lawn service instead.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Dumbasses.

Could be worse, though. A few years ago the old bat next door to me had someone come and remove the top layer of her lawn so she could reseed. They managed to jostle the gas pipe that was sticking just the slightest bit out of the ground, and caused a huge gas leak. The gas company had to come, shut down her gas, shut down mine, rip up her entire lawn AND my driveway, to find and fix the link.

I hope your mom finds a company that does better work AND has a decent guarantee.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That is why we're required to call 811 when we're about to dig something. I'm surprised her lawn service didn't do that or ask the neighbor to do that.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Wait a minute...isn't one of the basic steps before planting grass, "apply weed preventative spray/pellets" ...? o_O;
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

When I read "purple nettle", I thought about this link.

Has your mother considered cooking those weeds, instead of just disposing of them?
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
          X