This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures in overnight shipping

A couple weeks ago my car died and I was able to sell it. Unfortunately, I was unable to find the title. I had everything else and promised the guy I'd send a request for a duplicate title overnight mail and as fast as the state my car was tagged in is, I should have it in fairly short order.

So, I did as promised. The next day I overnighted a request via the post office. They couldn't promise it next day, which irked me. Thankfully it did get there next day and they processed it and turned around the day after. Then it got lost in the mail.

Well, the guy I sold the car to was getting rightfully pissed. So I hauled off and overnighted a second request, this time using the company with the purple and orange logo. Not only did I send the request overnight, I paid for an overnight return label so the state could get it back to me faster. This was Wednesday.

For whatever reason I didn't check the tracking number for the outbound request Thursday, so imagine my dismay when I checked Friday morning to find that the envelope hadn't even been delivered! Forget getting it back that day, it hadn't even gotten to the person who was expecting it. I'm not sure the English language has a word that accurately describes how angry I was at this point.

So, I call the shipping company. To their credit, the reps were awesome. The lady I worked with was awesome and managed to get a Saturday delivery arranged assuming North Dakota could get the title to them by the end of business. In addition, they refunded all my money for my trouble.

I also called the lady I've been working with at NDDOT. She is also awesome. She stalked her mailroom guy and when my request arrived, she got it processed and back to reception within minutes. She deserves a raise. Or a bonus. Or a trip to a tropical island paradise. The shipping company then arranged for a special pick up, and I've been stalking their tracking page ever since. Currently, it's in the sort facility in the city I'm in. Yay!

But still, I feel the need to stare out the window waiting for the truck.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Is the purchaser of the car cool with all this? Or does he think you're trying to pull a fast one?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

He was nervous for a while, and understandably so. I provided him with all the tracking numbers and the name of the woman I was working with at the DOT if he wanted to confirm. He seemed much less nervous after I heaped over a metric shit ton of proof that I was telling the truth.

ETA: It finally came at 3:30PM and I handed over the title a few hours later. All is good in my world again. At least as far as this is concerned.
      Last edited by mathnerd; 03-31-2014, 01:33 AM.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
      X