This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bus trip gone wrong

I went on a bus trip tour, to DC, for the Cherry Blossoms. Due to weather, there was none, but already anticipated that. My friend and I decided it would still be fun. We were expecting rain, but at least it was supposed to be warmer, and maybe we would get a break, and the rain would stop. We got there, and the rain wasn't horrible, and it was not to bad. We went to museums, which were packed due to weather, but it was fun.

We met the at the pick up at three, for the three hour guided tour. There was no bus, turns out,the bus had mechanical problems, so we are told to come back at four for an update. Meanwhile, the rain is picking up and the temp is dropping. We go somewhere close come back at four. Turns out, the bus, is down for good. They got a temp bus to come, to finish the tour, however we had to wait for a bus from our town to get here, so our departure time was delayed till nine o'clock at night, meaning we wouldn't get home till four am. The other bus, was a bit late than estimated time in picking up, not by much 15 mins. If it was nice out, it probably been kind of a nice surprise, we could of gotten a drink, and sat on a bench and enjoyed the extra time. However, it was cold and rainy, so it made things miserable, for the group. However, my friend and I made the best of it. Buses break down, crap happens.

That wasn't really that made the day suck big time. I mean it wasn't great, it would of been a lot more fun with sun and flowers. The bus breaking down, was bad luck, and inconvenient, bus as I said, crap happens. The two ladies behind us, was what made the day miserable for us. On the way up, for a six hour trip, they talked the whole time, loudly. I mean i could put my IPOD on and still here them. One lady had a grating voice which isn't her fault, but it didn't help. They complained and whined a majority of the time, even before it went south. Then after things went wrong, we had to hear them complain, and whine about it. . I felt like they directed their wrath, at the hostess.(They already seemed to have out for this lady for various reasons) It wasn't like it was her fault, the bus broke down. I get that it wasn't a fun trip weather wise, and the delay, but loudly complaining and whining about isn't helping. Your just making everyone else miserable. I made sure I gave the bus driver and hostess a decent tip. It couldn't of been fun for them either.

I've reached a point where I have no patience with people like the two complainers on your trip. I probably would have told them something like "Your whinging and complaining isn't going to magically change anything, and the rest of us are sick of hearing you. Shit happens so shut up already!"
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
      I've reached a point where I have no patience with people like the two complainers on your trip. I probably would have told them something like "Your whinging and complaining isn't going to magically change anything, and the rest of us are sick of hearing you. Shit happens so shut up already!"
      And then they look at you all shocked and offended, then loudly talk about how rude you are, and how nobody respects their elders anymore...you can't win with some people.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        And then they look at you all shocked and offended, then loudly talk about how rude you are, and how nobody respects their elders anymore...you can't win with some people.
        Yep! I also can't stand it when people are being rude but complain that everyone is being rude and that they're the victims. I told a woman that she was being rude today (I made a thread about her right here in Sightings just now) and she turned round and told me to mind my own business. Even though she was yelling so loudly the whole zoo could probably hear her...

Comment

Working...
        X