Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh. Maybe I somehow avoided it -- in NOLA, I heard the occasional "floah" or "flow," (as in, 'Let da bodies hit da...' or 'Son, put cha dirty britches an' drawers in da hampah, you know bettah dan tuh drop 'em on da floah!')... but never "flaw" o_O
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I think it's just how the o and a are pronounced. And I think I've heard "floah" but with the accent and me trying to get through how fast he was going it sounded like "flaw" with the w having a ah sound. It's the same when he says "window" it sounds more like "windah"

Comment

Not all Americans pronounce it "floah" or "flaw" or "flow". That looks like a regional accent. Here in NM, except for the transplants and snowbirds, we pronounce it "flor".

Except for some people that insist on calling the floor the "ground".
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          ... calling the floor the "ground".
          Growed up dirt poor, they did. they did.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Hey! Toronto isn't in Eastern Canada - we're in Central Canada (Eastern Canada would cover the Maritimes and Newfoundland). Of course, when the Globe and Mail wants to find out how people in Eastern and Western Canada feel about a certain issue, they send reporters to Pickering and Mississauga.
            ?? Sure looks like the eastern side of the country to me...? There's a lot more Canada to the west of you than there is to the east.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              ?? Sure looks like the eastern side of the country to me...? There's a lot more Canada to the west of you than there is to the east.
              Yeah, but Toronto thinks it's the center of the universe. That's why the area's called Central Canada.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                If you look at it on the basis of population distribution rather than land area, Toronto is definitely in Central Canada.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                X