This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yawn...Another writer with an inflated ego

B/G - I work part time from home managing some web stores for writing software for a friend of mine, who created them.
    It's easy work usually and she pays me A LOT! :-) End B/G.

Had a software customer contact me regarding one of our programs he purchased a long time ago. He had updated his computer and lost the program and asked to get it replaced.
    I could not find a record of his purchase which means he either bought it from another source or before 2010 and due to upgrades and changes to our web store, records from before then are not available.
    I e-mailed him back asking for some kind of proof of purchase and I told him once I have that, I would send him a free replacement of the software.
    Here is his reply:

"Nevermind. I will just start using yWriter for story outlining. Their software is free, so I can always download it again with no trouble whatsoever. I won't be purchasing anymore of your products, and I will warn others to do the same. Have a great day."

Luckily, I'm allowed to just ignore stuff like that and don't have to try and change their minds.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post

"Nevermind. I will just start using yWriter for story outlining. Their software is free, so I can always download it again with no trouble whatsoever. I won't be purchasing anymore of your products, and I will warn others to do the same. Have a great day."
    Translation: I I had a pirated copy and want it replaced free.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
      Translation: I I had a pirated copy and want it replaced free.
      I'd say that's pretty accurate.

As for the lame threat of "I'll tell others not to use your product" crap . . . if he even has any friends, they'll ignore what he says.

And if he by chance has ANY friends (outside of his dog) they'll ignore him anyway.

So either way, folks will ignore him b/c they will know he's a crybaby that's full of more crap than a dirty diaper and they'll either ignore his whining or go by the product just to spite him.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I don't care for expensive software, give me a notepad and a pencil any day of the week. Even if I do use software, I don't need high end stuff. Heck, I've written some of my best stuff on notepad.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
          I don't care for expensive software, give me a notepad and a pencil any day of the week. Even if I do use software, I don't need high end stuff. Heck, I've written some of my best stuff on notepad.
          That's the funny thing. The software he claimed
          To own is $29.95. Lol
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Hell, I built my message board using Notepad. My only, major problem was not following an HTML standard at the time…
            "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              The software he claimed
              To own is $29.95. Lol
              It's the principle of the matter. This SC doesn't want to pay for software regardless of the price.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Maybe it's the snippy snooty guy I talked to last year who told me he was published nationally!!!! And he was IMPORTANT! And blargle blargle worship me!!!! Etc.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Maybe it's the snippy snooty guy I talked to last year who told me he was published nationally!!!! And he was IMPORTANT! And blargle blargle worship me!!!! Etc.
                  I doubt he's any relation. Besides, I've finished one novella and published it online on my website. So what if he's "nationally published" my stuff is internet-exclusive (ie, available worldwide.)

I'd so love to have a convo with him and bring him down a few pegs. And when I'm done stripping the skin off him one layer at a time, he'll be a skeleton of his former self.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    I doubt he's any relation. Besides, I've finished one novella and published it online on my website. So what if he's "nationally published" my stuff is internet-exclusive (ie, available worldwide.)

I'd so love to have a convo with him and bring him down a few pegs. And when I'm done stripping the skin off him one layer at a time, he'll be a skeleton of his former self.
                    I'd pay to see that.

I Googled the guy's name and could find nothing...except letters to the editor of his hometown newspaper.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      And if he by chance has ANY friends (outside of his dog)
                      Hey! You with the kids walking by - hear how they're saying "Nice doggie - why can't we have one"? PLEASE untie me and take me with you - I want to get away from the jerk who owns me.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      Maybe it's the snippy snooty guy I talked to last year who told me he was published nationally!!!! And he was IMPORTANT!
                      I wouldn't be surprised if his work was published in the reporter's handbook for a major newspaper chain - under the heading "Crap writing like this will NOT be tolerated". Also (I believe you quoted the spelling verbatim) he can't even spell the old name for "erectile disfunction".
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                        It's the principle of the matter. This SC doesn't want to pay for software regardless of the price.
                        Then he SHOULD be using free software, like LibreOffice. But it was assy of him to mention that he'd be telling his friends not to buy their stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X