Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Real) reasons why Australia is the weirdest country on earth.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Latekin View Post
    We're one of few countries that eats our national animals...
    and they're delicious.

Comment

All the weird stuff down in Australia is precisely why we should never allow Seraph anywhere near the continent.

She'd cause a weirdness singularity.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm a card-carrying member of the Sex Party. And I help produce some of their policies - specifically the ones associated with disability.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

We also lost a war against emus... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
            I'm a card-carrying member of the Sex Party. And I help produce some of their policies - specifically the ones associated with disability.
            Cool!! That must be fascinating work!

I had a friend, unfortunately she's since died, that was on an ABC production a couple of years ago on sex and disabilities. Fascinating show. It's something us relatively normally-abled folk never think about.

(NB I only included the ones I considered voting for... the main parties did not inspire me.)

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
              Just to clarify, the Sex Party is a political party.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                Hey, you guys got my number one and two vote in the recent state elections!
                Part of the reason?

Your awesome policies!
                Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Quoth LesserSouthernFroglet View Post
                  Cool!! That must be fascinating work!

I had a friend, unfortunately she's since died, that was on an ABC production a couple of years ago on sex and disabilities. Fascinating show. It's something us relatively normally-abled folk never think about.
                  Latekin and LesserSouthernFroglet: thank you, both of you.

And yes, writing policies is fascinating work; coming up with realistic policies is extremely difficult. I know what I WANT Australia to do for both disabled people and carers - but funding it is tricky, and providing for all disabled people and all their carers while avoiding the scammers is even harder.

Aaaanddd..... I can very easily take this to something which would become Fratching, so I'll stop there.

As for sex and disabilities; yeah, it is very easy to not think about it. Some of my friends are sex workers who focus on assisting disabled people; in various ways. Some disabled people are unable to position appropriately without assistance. Some need an uninvolved third party in the room for safety reasons: or in the next room.
                  Some just need someone who will provide non-medical touch, or someone who will not be repulsed by their appearance. Or someone who will have sex with them in a way which is thoughtful of their particular disability/ies.

Again, this could very easily become Fratch-worthy. If anyone does want to discuss the topic further, please create a fratching thread and link it.
                  I'm happy to talk about it, but as soon as I bring up some aspects of sex/disability, it will definitely be a Fratching issue. (I didn't mention them just now, because this isn't Fratching.)
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Well, as we mods always say, Seshat, "If you have to post a fratching disclaimer, then it was probably best posted there to begin with!"
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                    X