This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You realize you said that out loud?

BG #1 : So I work in a very nice (expensive as all get out) assisted living center. I love the residents, they are sweet, funny, sometimes PITA's, but overall pretty good. I enjoy chatting with them, listening to their stories from the 'good old days', and I do realize they all came up in another era, but today I was shocked by a conversation with one older lady. The problem was, I could almost blow off the first comment and chalk it up to being stuck in the 50's, but she ended up going on a rant that not only shocked me, but disgusted me so much that instead of just saying 'uh huh' I smarted off and walked away.

BG #2 : Today I went into the apartment to straighten up, and she was watching (as was everyone) news coverage of the school tragedy that happened here today (about 45 minutes away)

Me :
    RR : Racist resident
    (keep in mind, while I am white, many of our employees are from other ethnicities & colors)

Me : Such a shame, hope everyone will be ok
    RR: Those colored kids can be trouble
    Me :
    RR : I went to school with coloreds and they were nothing but trouble ! Now look at this today, starting trouble all the time, those coloreds
    Me : (in my head) just back away, you need this job (out of my mouth) ummmmmm
    RR : Hope that stupid kid gets what's coming to him, those coloreds are no good
    Me : (I have had it) (Looks her straight in the eye and very firmly say) You do know that almost all mass murderers and school shooters are white kids/people of upper middle class environments, right?
    RR :
    Me : <walks out the door without a good bye>

So she must not have complained because I was not fired, but considering that 9 times out of 10, when she rings her call button for an RA to assist her with a shower, or making her bed or whatever, it will be one of those murderous coloreds!! The ones who treat these residents as they are one of their own family members!! I was shocked at the tone and disgust she spewed forward and although I will still have to deal with her on a daily basis, my interactions with her will be highly guarded.

And, btw..the kid who stabbed his classmates and a teacher? White..no doubting it so where she got her idea from...

That's not being stuck in the 50's, that's just being racist.

And you showed more restraint than I would have.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I need the job, which I do truly love or I would have gone off on her (I have royally dressed people down for racist/misogynist behaviors before with no problems) so I just chose to coldly educate her. I did say something to my supervisor simply because we try to keep 'notes' on residents 'beliefs' to warn each other*

*shit list of racists, pervs, and nasties

Please say a prayer/send healing thoughts to the students/faculty of Franklin Regional High School Thanks

Comment

"Remember when those two boys shot up their high school? Yeah, they were white. The guys that planted bombs at the Boston Marathon? White too. Lee Harvey Oswald? Whiter'n white bread. Trouble comes in all colors."
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
          "Remember when those two boys shot up their high school? Yeah, they were white. The guys that planted bombs at the Boston Marathon? White too. Lee Harvey Oswald? Whiter'n white bread. Trouble comes in all colors."
          Don't forget Timothy McVeigh - as of September 10th 2001, his actions were the most destructive terrorist attack in the U.S. Yep, he was white.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Don't forget Timothy McVeigh - as of September 10th 2001, his actions were the most destructive terrorist attack in the U.S. Yep, he was white.
            Ugh, don't remind me. Local boy.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Oh yeah, I've encountered this recently. I'm buying a new house that happens to be a foreclosure and is hoarder-level trashed. I'm not kidding, it is dis-gus-ting. I have pics on my Photobucket if you really want to see it. I'm getting the house for a steal, tho, even with the needed gut and disinfection. Now, I happen to know from the collection of wigs and weaves I've been finding that the previous owners were Black, and from the letters to the prison-dwelling baby daddies not of a very high social caliber, but I couldn't care less what their race was. Anyway, while looking the house over I met a neighbor--fortunately from a couple blocks down.

Me: *makes small talk to learn about the neighborhood and see if she knows anything about the previous owners since I don't want to find they ran a meth lab or something*

Racist Lady (RL): Is the house really as bad as I heard it is?

Me: Oh yeah. If you want, you can come take a look. (I want people to know how bad it is so my before and after becomes legend in the neighborhood )

RL: Yeah, I do. I knew it would be bad. You know how those people are. They have no respect for anyone's property.

*She's only just met me, and while I'm apparently White, I've got some color in the leaves of my family tree and she has no idea what my Husband looks like. Ok, he's whiter than goose down, but that's beside the point.*
              Me: Uhm, they owned the house. It was their property to trash.

RL: *mumbles something about poor upbringing; I'm pretty sure she was talking about the previous owners* Well, you know how it is.

Me: Yeah..... *let's it drop*

I hope she doesn't want to be friends later.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Ugh, don't remind me. Local boy.
              I didn't know it right away, but I was working with a relative of his at the time. I think it was a sister, but I can't recall for sure.
              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

The following are famous or notorious killers, assassins, and shooters, all of whom are/were non-Caucasian:

Wayne Williams (Atlanta Child Murders).
                Charles Ng (Lake and Ng).
                John Muhammad (Beltway Snipers).
                Lee Malvo (Beltway Snipers).
                Richard Ramirez (Night Stalker).
                Angel Resendiz (Railway Killer).
                Raymond Fernandez (Lonely Hearts Killers).
                Sirhan Sirhan (Robert F. Kennedy assassin).
                Seung-Hui Cho (Virginia Tech shooting).
                Aaron Alexis (Navy Yard shooting).
                Nidal Hasan (2009 Fort Hood shooting).

And now some other famous and/or notorious killers who are/were white:

Ted Bundy
                John Wayne Gacy.
                Jeffrey Dahmer.
                Gary Ridgway (Green River Killer).
                Dennis Rader (BTK).
                Keith Jesperson (Happy Face Killer).
                Arthur Shawcross.
                David Berkowitz (Son of Sam).
                Leonard Lake (Lake and Ng).
                Paul Bernardo.
                Karla Homolka.
                Aileen Wuornos.
                Herb Baumeister.
                Ed Kemper (Co-Ed Killer).
                Joel Rifkin.
                Martha Beck (Lonely Hearts Killer).
                Henry Lee Lucas.
                Ottis Toole (Adam Walsh abduction and murder).
                Charles Starkweather.
                Lawrence Bittaker (Tool Box Killers/Murder Mack).
                Roy Norris (Tool Box Killers/Murder Mack).
                Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (Boston Marathon Bomber).
                Tamerlan Tsarnaev (Boston Marathon Bomber).
                Mark Chapman (John Lennon assassin).
                Lee Harvey Oswald (John F. Kennedy assassin).
                James Earl Ray (Martin Luther King, Jr. assassin).
                Charles Whitman (University of Texas bell tower shooter).
                Eric Harris (Columbine).
                Dylan Klebold (Columbine).
                Jared Loughner (Gabriel Giffords/Tucson shooter).
                James Holmes (Aurora Theater shooting).
                Adam Lanza (Newtown shooting).
                Ivan Lopez (2014 Fort Hood shooting).

As the lady said, some people are just no good.

The above lists are off the top of my head and completely unscientific. Some may go so far as to say that they are unrepresentative. Which is almost certainly true. I'm relatively certain that a look at more mass shootings and serial killings will show that an even larger proportion of them were committed by whites than non-whites than my extemporaneous lists here would indicate.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

don't forget that the worst school massacre in US history was the *janitor* who *blew up* the school.

Comment

Here in Pittsburgh, we have had our share of mass shootings/murders...there was an African American man who went on a killing spree one day, then there was 4 white men..one killing minorities, one shooting up the psych hospital, one killing 3 cops, and now the kid who stabbed all those people. I know all their names, but I refuse to use them because 2 of them want (and still try to get) notoriety for their crimes and I will not utter their disgusting names. So 4:1 ratio? Yeah, her theory doesn't stand up for me

Comment

The guy who came into my high school my senior year and killed three kids and a teacher, shooting a bunch others?

Yup. White trash.

That was in 1992 and the bastard is still sitting on death row in California. There have been family and friends of the victims who have tried to get themselves arrested so they can get to him and finish the job the State is refusing to perform.
                      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Eh, I think I can summarise this:

Take any random group of people:
                        Some percentage will be wonderful,
                        A roughly equal percentage will be awful,
                        The rest will be middling.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                          Take any random group of people:
                          Some percentage will be wonderful,
                          A roughly equal percentage will be awful,
                          The rest will be middling.
                          Or more simply, within any group, there are assholes.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Or more simply, within any group, there are assholes.
                            Also, that there are a larger percentage who will be assholes if they think they can be anonymous while doing so.

See also: G.I.F.T.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                            X