X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cake is not a lie

Random fun tidbits from work.

My savior

Due to car issues, I asked a coworker about switching shifts so that I could carpool with my husband. Apparently, this worked out well for her.

CW: "Are you kidding? You just saved my life!"
    Me: "No, YOU just saved MY life!"
    CW: "No no no no...you're the one always saving MY life!"
    Me: "You're right, I saved your life, now you owe me!"

Run away!

I am in charge of organizing the free Easter Egg hunt we're putting on. When the schedule for that week came out, I was scheduled off on Easter.

Something akin to the following email conversation occured:

Me: "​You scheduled me off on Easter Sunday. Should I still come in long enough to run the egg hunt event? Or should I just get it all ready, throw it all at [Supervisor] and [Poor schmuck I talked into dressing as the Easter Bunny], and say 'Good luck' as I head out the door, cackling, on Friday evening?"
    Manager: "Nope. Plan on working it"
    Me: Because I can dump it and run off into the night whilst cackling. I can do that..."
    Manager: "No way we need you!"

Well, at least I tried.

(I spent over $200 yesterday on Easter Egg hunt stuffs! The good news is I get reimbursed, the bad news is paying my bills and buying food until then could be interesting...shopping was too much fun though!)

How not to impress your boss

11pm...

Bossman (on phone sounding tired): "bhskittykatt, is there someone in the room above me?"
    Me: "Yes, there is."
    Bossman: "Who is it? It sounds like a heard of elephants."
    Me: "Oh, it's a family. Their kids ate a bunch of birthday cake tonight. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put them right above you."
    Bossman: "How many nights are they here for?"
    Me: "Just tonight. I'm very sorry, sir."
    Bossman. "Okay."

Me: *calling the breakroom*
    Supervisor: "What's up?"
    Me: "I need you to do something."
    Supervisor: "Okay, I'm on break."
    Me: "I know. On your way back, bring plates, knives, and forks. A group of guest left us their leftover birthday cake."
    Superisor: "Cake? Aww, money!"

It was chocolate with caramel filling and frosting. It was amazeballs.

(FTR I did try to offer Bossman some the following morning, but he's not that into junk food. He just came down for the morning meeting and then snuck back to go nap in his room some more.)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Working...
X