This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Customers.

While we appreciate your business, it would behoove you to expedite your decision-making after being informed of our closing in six minutes and follow through in no less than two out of the allotted six.

Yes, oh yes. I've been holding back from posting in a while because of my pursuit of zen in food service. Yes its possible to find it as I did, but that lasted for about three weeks and that instance happened at the tail-end of last year.

The above letter to customers was the straw that broke the camel's back from tonight. I had about five people at the time and they politely asked when we were closing; These people stood there like drooling idiots, staring at the invisible breasts on my face before they decided to order at exactly one minute till closing. Shortly thereafter, it became a crowd of ten people and my co-worker and I finished the last few orders . . . ten minutes after closing. Go die in a fire people!

I know most of you are versed in the very black and white subject of tipping. I've failed to mention in my past posts about why I get bent out of shape when people stiff us. Where I work, ninety percent of our product is fresh and made from scratch.

I'll get to the meat of this, otherwise I'd take it to fratching. It never fails that a person spending two bucks on a soda will tip us one-to-two dollars while a person spending twenty five or more will leave us nothing. At the very least, a thank you will suffice, but I'm lucky if I get that at times. Before I get carried away, I'll just end my post with mentioning that the people tonight that spent $33, $44 and $50(without leaving us a cent as you guessed it) should light themselves on fire while swan-diving off a seventy-foot cliff into a pit of rusty spikes and broken glass.

I seem to recall that restaurants used to have two closing times - "kitchen closes at <time>" and "dining room closes at <half an hour later>" - and if anyone came in after the kitchen closed could only get cold food or drinks.

I say we go back to that...
    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Working...
    X