Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some customers really take the cake ...

Had a guy in our store the other day buying a basket of goods.

He comes up to my till and asks ( I kid you not ) if he can split open a multi-pack of toilet rolls, and for me to charge him for just one. I politely inform him that it was not possible, as they are sold as a multi-pack and I have no ability to price him up for just one toilet roll.

His response ... 'what will I wipe my butt on then?'

I had a look in his basket and thought to myself, 'well ya don't need all that booze mate'. I kept that to myself, gave him a smile, and watched as he went to retrieve a small pack on napkins instead.

Sadly I was not shy of his bizarreness as he then shared a story of his love of eating worms while purchasing his goods!

I have not the words ... Why do I get all the odd customers?

Jesus, how cheap is toilet paper...like three or four bucks for a four-pack? If that? And most grocery stores sell them individually as well.

Comment

A buck for four rolls at a dollar store. Seriously, I'm cheap, but not that cheap.

And I probably would have pointed out a few things he could put back. I might also have pointed out that if he used napkins in a toilet there might be problems flushing. Then again, he might see that as an invitation to tell me too much about his flushing habits.
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
        A buck for four rolls at a dollar store. Seriously, I'm cheap, but not that cheap.

And I probably would have pointed out a few things he could put back. I might also have pointed out that if he used napkins in a toilet there might be problems flushing. Then again, he might see that as an invitation to tell me too much about his flushing habits.
        Nah, most paper napkins are one ply and thinner than the thinnest toilet paper I've ever seen, unless you get the fancy ones.

But, yeah, Scott tissue sells single rolls. And frankly, I would've asked the guy if he wanted to put back a bottle of booze so he could afford the TP.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You've seen those signs in the toilet warning people not to flush paper towels, right? There's a reason for that.

It's less about how thin the napkins are than the fact that TP is designed to disintegrate in water; napkins are supposed to hold together when wet. If you have the slightest misalignment in your plumbing, a clot of something nasty clinging to the side of a pipe along the way, or a clay pipe with roots through it, the napkin can quickly make a blockage that will back the whole system up. They also aren't designed to decompose in a septic system, so you're in double trouble with one of those.

So while you could get away with it every now and then, in a TP emergency, it's not something a smart person would do on a regular basis.
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

So when the toilet gets clogged from the napkins, guess he'll just call the landlord.

Comment

And then the landlord gets the fun of charging the tenant for misuse. Been there, done that (as the landlord). No fun at all.

And yes, If I could prove that a maintenance issue was the fault of a tenant, you bet your arse I charged them for the repairs.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Rana View Post
                His response ... 'what will I wipe my butt on then?'
                A pine cone
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                  A pine cone
                  Or a corn cob...

Comment

Or the three seashells...

Comment

life is too short to use cheap TP. Your bum deserves better.

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                        life is too short to use cheap TP. Your bum deserves better.
                        Yeah, we don't need Clint Eastwood TP* in our lives.

* It's rough, it's tough, and it don't take shit off anybody.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                          A pine cone
                          I'll see your pine cone and raise you a prickly pear cactus.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          Yeah, we don't need Clint Eastwood TP* in our lives.

* It's rough, it's tough, and it don't take shit off anybody.
                          You young whippersnappers! In MY day, we called it "John Wayne Toilet Paper".
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            You young whippersnappers! In MY day, we called it "John Wayne Toilet Paper".
                            That's what I meant! My brain got stuck on the wrong cowboy.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                            X