This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 idiots!

We had an idiot smash his fat truck into our back door of my workplace, crushing it like a tin can. Honestly, don't people KNOW how to drive anymore? The GM was not pleased. He yelled and screamed and threw fits. I wasn't here, so thank goodness for that......
    Plus the idiot (it was a delivery driver) tried to claim that it wasn't him that smushed up our door like that. Too bad for him, we have security camera that captured it. Why not just fess up?

Annnnd....one more gripe. This one's hard to explain, but here goes. Ok, I'm on a multiple laned road.

I'm on the lane on the far left.
    Nitwit is right next to me, on my right.
    My lane is set up so I could either turn left...or I could go straight. It has one of those double arrows signs.
    Nitwit's lane only allows him to go straight.
    My turn signal is not on.... so..... OBVIOUSLY I'm going straight.....right? Right, Nitwit?
    So what does Nitwit nearly do?
    Tries to turn left, right where I am, right into MY car, nearly crashing into my right side! Scares me witless. I swerve to avoid him. Then...
    Nitwit angrily beeps him horn at me, like it's my fault! And his disgustingly huge van would've turned my little compact car into a tin can.

Really, it seems lately that the bigger the vehicle, the smaller the brains.....
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I had something similar to that that happen to me about a month ago, minus the turn lane...

We had just finished moving to a new office, I was returning there after an onsite. The new place is one freeway exit down from the prior one, so I head to that exit; there is an onramp shortly before my "new" exit which, as I have discovered, is a quite popular place to get on. I was in the left lane because about half a dozen cars were getting on, which were far enough apart that I should have been able to weave in and take my exit, as most of them were shifting left...

"Should" is the operative word, here. I was unable to, because one brilliant driver decided that he wanted to be in the left lane, where I was at that moment, and that turn signals and actually LOOKING to see if any other cars were there first, are completely optional. He damn near turned into my passenger-side front tire. This would not have ended well for him, given that I drive an old Grand Marquis, and he was driving one of those lesser vehicles... Suffice it to say that, I determined that yes, my brakes work just fine, thank you very much >_< No crash nor injuries, just my poor heart getting a workout.

I missed my exit as a result, and the next one -- of course -- was another 5-7 miles down the road.
    Last edited by EricKei; 04-14-2014, 10:33 PM. Reason: Corrected errors - this is what I get for typing after I GET up but before I WAKE up
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      I had something similar to that that happen to me about a month ago, minus the turn lane...

We had just finished moving to a mew office, .
      An office full of kitties? I want to work there! Seriously though sorry about the idiot.

I drive to work in the dark on a mountain road with deer everywhere and get the idiots riding up my ass. If they are so interested in smashing into a deer then be my guest! I think they are worried that work will disappear in the extra 60 seconds it will take them to get there. Wish I loved my job so much I was willing to smash up my car and die!
      ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

There are times when it's appropriate to turn left from the right lane, and I've done it on occasion. From your description, though, the guy who did it didn't meet either of the qualifications:

1: The streets involved must be narrow enough that you need the full width of both streets to make a turn. If you're driving a non-articulated vehicle, you won't meet this qualification.

2: You WAIT for possible-straight traffic beside you to go, rather than cutting them off.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Rock Lobster View Post
          An office full of kitties? I want to work there!
          I wish ^_^

Old office did have the occasional cat, as the old owner comes to hang out with us once in a while, and he was feeding a stray that got past the doors and was hanging out in the bathroom. He eventually got it to come to him after a couple weeks of this, after which he took it to the vet to get checked out/fixed, and adopted the critter
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

At my office, we have wabbits. I see them in the parking lot, hopping along the grassy areas, or hiding in the bushes near the building.
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I know drivers like that first guy! Where I work, some will arrive with broken seals on their trailers (heavy metal bolts that need to be removed with bolt cutters) and try to claim the bolt broke when another truck backed into them or they backed into something else; both scenarios would rip the doors to pieces and not scratch the bolt at all! They're just mad because they drove all that way on their dime when the load gets rejected.
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                I know drivers like that first guy! Where I work, some will arrive with broken seals on their trailers (heavy metal bolts that need to be removed with bolt cutters) and try to claim the bolt broke when another truck backed into them or they backed into something else;
                A metal rod that's been broken will have a rough appearance across the ENTIRE end. One that's been cut with bolt cutters will have a smooth, angled piece on each side (where the jaws bit in) and a rough piece between them (where the wedging action of the jaws finally overcame the tensile strength of the remaining metal). There's no way one could be mistaken for the other - do you check the appearance and call them on it when they claim a "cut" seal was actually "broken"?

Also, how do they manage to keep a cut/broken seal from being bounced out of the hole when they drive?

There are legitimate reasons for the seal to be removed en-route (Customs/DOT inspection). Of course, when that happens, you ask the officer to note it on the BOL, along with the new seal number. This maintains "chain of custody" of the seal, so a consignee SHOULDN'T reject a load due to it not having the original seal intact. In the cases you mentioned, either the driver is too lazy to do that, or someone has opened the trailer/container for nefarious purposes.
                Last edited by wolfie; 04-15-2014, 09:13 PM. Reason: Added bit about legitimate seal cutting.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                X