This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh i have to share!!!

So occasionally I open random emails in my spam folder for a good laugh....FBI, CIA, random african prince....this time this is from apple....saying my account is suspended...and i need to update my billing information....according to the email subject line...

Now Granted, I have an Ipod, and an Ipad, so this COULD be legit....

Then I open it, and it contains NOTHING but text (wall o text) and a tiny apple logo in the upper right hand corner....the email address? onlinebanking@ealerts.bankofamerica.com

I know theres alot of mergers going on....but online banking for a bank I haven't used in 10 years? talking to me about my APPLE account...

Then theres the text of the email...

Our system detected your account was disabled and we had no choice but to temporarily suspend your account to your account to begin working normally without interruption, you must confirm your account information within 24 hours, your account was temporarily suspended in order to protect your account will continue to work normally and the limited will be alleviated after some verification process, your information will be confirmed and your account will begin to function normally again.

To proceed to confirm your account information please click on the link below and follow the instructions that will be required: https://iforgot.apple.com/cgi-bin/us...t.cgi?appleId= (the hover over link is BLANTLY not ANYTHING to do with apple OR bank of America)
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Well, that's.....creative
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The broken english isn't a dead giveaway at all....
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

One of these days, a scammer's gonna come along that actually has a good command of the English language. If there's poetic justice, though, they'll be scamming the scammers. And I could live with that.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I to be having information do important to be telling you. We being Kongo familiaral inc of research been finding have that you is having a familie member who of royal decendant be. Living relative only of him be, and to be starting the procees of getting you inheritance a little more info be needing. When information be obtained, flying you to Kongo we be doing.. and you be greeted like royalty will. Not counting the land, castle, and title of royal being.. the inheritance worthing be $120,385,012. Contact us at <obvious phishing scam.org> or at <obvious phishing international telephone number>.

((Ignore the fact that you probably have other living relatives, have ZERO family from the Kongo, and the fact that the amount is in American dollars and not whatever currency would be used in the Kongo))
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I got this one recently which was new to me. Among the best parts, it was actually addressed to Email user, the random capitols and lower case, the bizarre spacing and the fact that it makes absolutely no sense. The internet is giving out millions of pounds to increase the awareness of the internet? Has someone not heard of the internet yet? Why would any agent in South Africa be paying in pounds? To a Canadian? If you have thirty million pounds to give away would you not be able to afford to hire someone who could type? If this is available to so many countries why is it only in one language? Why pick English? So many questions, never to be answered.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Dear Email user

You are among the 10 lucky winners of windowLive Award Program and You have won the sum of {Three Million Pounds £3,000.000.00} from windowLive Award Program First Quarter of the Year 2014. Payment Payable via ATM Visa Card or wire transfer through our Paying Agent in South Africa.Your Payment will be made through ATM Visa Card or wire transfer

This Unique Program is Organized Every year to create and improve a larger awareness record for all internet usage worldwide. All the ten (10) winners were selected automatically World Wide through a computer draw system and emails were generated from over 100, 000.00 internet email service providers. from U.S.A, Europe, Canada, United Arab Emirates,Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South America, Australia and Asia and Africa Continent.

Kindly note that Your Ref: MDB/929/2014 falls within our Afro booklet Regional Headquarters representative office in Johannesburg, South Africa as indicated in the play coupon. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential until your claim is processed to avoid double claim.

You are hereby advised to Contact our Paying Agent (Payment Processing Center)

Direct Line:+27-redacted
            E-mail: redacted

For claim Send the details below to process your payment

Full Names:
            Sex:
            City:
            Direct Mobile:
            Email:
            Reference No:
            Congratulations'' once again from all our Staff and thank you for being part of our Promotions Program

Yours Truly,
            Onbehalf of WindowLive Award Team
            copyright©2014 window live Inc
            Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

If you've the time and the inclination, try 419eater and ask how to proceed in busting the scammers. This is all basically, report a bank account or fake credit card that they give you, that sort of thing. And it helps the situation.

They also say that it's a bad idea to "educate" the lads, that is, tell them how to spell better. A better grasp of English might mean that he would fool the next guy to come along.
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I got one from someone who claimed to be "Zynga Customer Support". Now I DID think at first that the email was legit, and clicked on it, but when the site asked me for my email, that was my cue to send that email to my Junk folder!
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

If I ever get a possible spam-ish email from some business/bank that I actually deal with, instead of clicking on any link in the email I go to their website and check my account myself. 19 times out of 20 it's BS.
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I'm personally waiting for one of the IRS scammers to call.
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                      If I ever get a possible spam-ish email from some business/bank that I actually deal with, instead of clicking on any link in the email I go to their website and check my account myself. 19 times out of 20 it's BS.
                      I think you're highly underestimating the BS factor. Probably closer to 19.9 times out of 20.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        I think you're highly underestimating the BS factor. Probably closer to 19.9 times out of 20.
                        I always thought it was 9 times out 8.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                        X