This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When cars take flight and crash into houses

This is a sighting from Hubby's workplace. Actually, it's two sightings that may or may not be related. The timing and style of driving is right, but there's no record of the vehicle crashing into the home having been inside the gated community that Hubs works at in the first place, and without examining the damage to the second vehicle, they're not sure if it's the same car as the first story. It seems plausible they are linked, though.

Under the gate

Hubby's coworker was working the gate when he heard a sound at the gate. A small car had somehow sped under the entrance gate going the wrong-way, magically without breaking the gate arm that had scratched across the roof of the car, and by the time the guard had turned around the car had already sped across the street, blowing past the stop sign, and was speeding off into the adjacent neighborhood.

Over the ditch and through the house

A few minutes after this car sped off, a report was received of a car crashing into a house. A car had come from the same adjacent neighborhood but a different street. It came speeding down the side street, blew past the stop sign and over the main road, went OVER a rather sizable ditch(which was down a short but steep hill from the main road...the way it's laid out it's easy to see how the guy got some air to clear it), through the fence that surrounds the gated community, across a backyard, and ended up halfway inside someone's house. The driver ditched and ran away. The security agency passed the case off to the local sheriff's department for further investigation.
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 04-19-2014, 09:06 PM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I hope there are camera's at the main gate.

And keep us posted!

Comment

Holy crap o_0

Definitely sounds related though!

Comment

Under the gate? I've never seen a gated community with a gate that could be passed through underneath. O.o They all have gates that swing or slide open.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
          Under the gate? I've never seen a gated community with a gate that could be passed through underneath. O.o They all have gates that swing or slide open.
          This one is just a gate arm that swings up, not one of the fancy gated communities with the sliding gates. It's a (relatively) cheap gated community for people who want to pretend they live in one of the nearby rich gated communities.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Ah one of those. If I had picked the Mini instead of the Impreza, I could probably drive under one. :3
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Am I the only one thinking it was probably a dropped Civic with a fart can muffler? That'd probably fit, both the demographic and ability to shoot under the gate .
              But the paint on me is beginning to dry
              And it's not what I wanted to be
              The weight on me
              Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
                Am I the only one thinking it was probably a dropped Civic with a fart can muffler? That'd probably fit, both the demographic and ability to shoot under the gate .
                I quite enjoy my speedy little civic. The wife drove it into the ditch. But it was probably a bad car to let her learn to drive on :P

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
                  Not sure what the car was that went under the gate, but I can confirm the car that crashed into the house was a Civic. Still haven't heard if the Sheriff determined if they were the same car or not. Like I said, seems pretty plausible.

Hubs actually drives a little CRX. I should ask him if he can fit it under the gate. I don't think he's tried yet. I bet it could.
                  Last edited by bhskittykatt; 04-22-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X