This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woes of Waitering

I work in a chinese restaurant part time to make ends meet while in university. Sometimes I question my own sanity when I have to deal with the equally insane and pretentious dicks called customers.

I have a few so bear with me.

1. Sauce-o-philiacs. You know those little plates of sauce in chinese restaurants that are called DIPPING sauces? Sometimes people dunk so much sauce on their food it's unbearable. Some have the nerve to ask for at least FIVE plates of sauce. The sauce probably has more salt than the food anyway. 'Would you like some FOOD with your SAUCE?'

2. Yo yo customers. These guys annoy me to heck. I work as a drink waiter so i take orders. Unfortunately, these people don't know how to order everything at once. I give them their first order, then they ask for a lemonade. This goes on for a while before I get very tempted to chuck the drink in their face.

3. The hoity-toities. The restaurant has table seats and booth seats and the second kind is the most comfy. On busy days the booths are booked solid, but people who walk in have the nerve to ask for them and get all pushy for it. IT. IS TAKEN. DEAL WITH IT. Just the other day, a group of girls came in and we gave them a table seat. They asked for a booth. All taken. A group of customers just left and they want their table. Double-booked. They still want one so they said they'll wait for a booth table to open, AT THE BLOODY TABLE WE WANTED THEM ON IN THE FIRST PLACE. After about ten minutes they left. GYAAAAAAHHHHH!!! FREAKING PRETENTIOUS BIATCHES!!!

4. One particular cultural group. This is pretty general. These people are just rude and self-serving. Two different moments stand out. One group left beer bottles on other empty tables and made a mess of the restaurant. The second came in with a group of about fifteen and without a reservation. We were fixing up their table, then some of them decided to wait by SITTING ON THE TABLES THAT WERE EMPTY IN THE RESTAURANT. I don't know how restaurants work in their culture but here YOU WAIT YOUR FREAKING TURN AND DON'T WASTE THE RESTAURANT.

I have a lot more to rant, especially about the inability to be patient, but I think I'll leave it there. SOrry if this sounded too much like a whiny monologue, but I need to blow some steam. Hopefully I can find some sympathizers here. Thanks for reading
    Last edited by EricKei; 04-20-2014, 11:34 PM. Reason: Edited potentially fratchy material

Bitching about customers and blowing off steam is one of the reasons we're here. No need to apologize.

'Probably' has more salt?? If the sauce is based on soy sauce there's no probably about it. I swear I think soy sauce has more salt than pure, plain salt does volume for volume! (I know, not really)
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I like sauce with my food. Whenever I order from the local Chinese place, I ask for extra duck sauce, as I use it for my egg roll. And they usually bring me 4-6 packets. Which is about perfect for me.

But FIVE DISHES? That is insane.

Would you like some chips with your salsa?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

The shit you waiters/waitresses go through is the same reason why I always manage to tip 25 percent, and once or twice a year, tip more than the damn food cost me.

You people really deserve a good tipper like that after all this.

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
          The shit you waiters/waitresses go through is the same reason why I always manage to tip 25 percent, and once or twice a year, tip more than the damn food cost me.

You people really deserve a good tipper like that after all this.
          Is there a "like" for that? That's why I never tip less than 20% too.

Comment

Working...
          X