This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muahahahaha Backpay!

So a little digging on my part uncovers the fact that I've been underpaid. Not grossly underpaid, but rather that I'd been getting the unqualified rate from the start, instead of getting the qualified rate (there's about a $3 difference).
    There's no change in duties however, which is why it hadn't become an issue up until now (all staff are taught how to do the same things, either as part of their training, or are simply brought up to speed if they're already qualified)

I'd been a tad unsure as to what the ACTUAL pay rate was meant to be, but a couple of conversations with coordinators confirmed it. So I emailed head office asking them to look into it.

They're going to look into it alright and the manager responded that yes, I was definitely getting underpaid and that I should be backpaid as a result. I'm unsure if this means I'll be getting the extra $3/hour I'm owed backpaid, or if I'll be getting the ENTIRE $23/hour (My actual pay rate), backpaid. Because I didn't submit my documents showing my proof of qualifications to head office until the start of this year however, it's also unclear whether I'll be getting paid going back to last year, or if I'll be getting paid from the start of this year.

Either way, the extra cash will be coming in right when I need it...and going towards plane tickets to Sydney. They're also going to let me know what the interstate rate is, so I'll be able to account for that as well. (Teachers in NSW also get paid about 10k more than their Adelaide counterparts get)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X