This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 wasted minutes of my life

I really hope this was a brain burp. Got a call from a coworker this morning who went to the job I was at yesterday

Cw : How do I get in?
    Me: Theres a key above the door on the trim
    Cw: What door?
    Me: The one your trying to get in. There's a key above the door.
    Cw: Where?
    Me: Above the door, on the surround, above the door
    Cw: I'm looking around, I don't see a key anywhere.
    Me: Yes there is, above the door, above the door!
    Cw: I don't understand, where is there a key?
    Me: (Calling out to my guys nearby) How's another way to say above the door?

My guys just shrugged, looking very puzzled but amused

Me: You're not helpful! (back on the phone) Who are you there with?
    Cw: Name (our coworker who is notoriously very slow to pick up on things)
    Me: Put him on. (To name) There's a key above the door on the trim.

A second later I hear the first coworker in the background: Hey, where did you get the key?

If there is no other way to say something (like - above the door) it means it is such a simple concept that no one needs it explained further, ever!
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

I'm sorry, but locating the key is a test - the area on the other side of the door is off-limits to anyone whose IQ is less than their shoe size.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
      Me: (Calling out to my guys nearby) How's another way to say above the door?
      On top of the door?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

On the door frame?

Or "Face the door. Look up. Reach up there. Find the key."

Or... "Go get some coffee and call me back if you're still having trouble after that."
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Face the door, stretch out your right arm. Bend your arm at the elbow. Move arm as far right as you can. Lean your head forward just a bit. Now, with as much force as you can muster, move your right hand as quickly to the left as possible. Done? Good. Now look up, no.. further. Stop..you see that spot right above the door? Yeah, there. The key is there. You are welcome
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
          X