This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P., Bob Hoskins

Hoskins has passed away, due to pneumonia.

story - http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...-dead/8502851/

IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001364/
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Goodbye, Bob.

I just KNOW that someone's going to do a picture of a sad Roger Rabbit now.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Oh Bob RIP
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

I'm gonna miss you Smee!

Comment

Found this on D's Facebook, I'm going to watch his movies tomorrow. To me he was Eddie, Smee, and Mario. When I was younger and saw those movies he really made you believe he was that person.
          Attached Files
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Did you know that he didn't even know who Mario was, until his kid told him?

That bit aside, he really was great at the roles I saw him in...all two of them. He was just great as Eddie...
            Last edited by Tama; 05-01-2014, 03:24 AM.
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
              Did you know that he didn't even know who Mario was, until his kid told him?
              And apparently wasn't too happy with the role.

Quoth Tama View Post
              great at the roles I saw him in...all two of them.
              I'm in the process of trying to track down The Long Good Friday, but I have seen The Wall*, The Cotton Club, Brazil*, Mona Lisa, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Mermaids, Hook, Nixon, Enemy at the Gates, Vanity Fair, and Snow White and the Huntsman*.

*Didn't really remember him as being in these except in retrospect. He was wonderful in Mermaids and a real standout in Enemy....

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                I'm in the process of trying to track down The Long Good Friday, but I have seen The Wall*, The Cotton Club, Brazil*, Mona Lisa, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Mermaids, Hook, Nixon, Enemy at the Gates, Vanity Fair, and Snow White and the Huntsman*.

*Didn't really remember him as being in these except in retrospect. He was wonderful in Mermaids and a real standout in Enemy....
                some of them are on netflix ^_^

Comment

Working...
                X